How much could I build a cross bike for?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member

jpembroke

KINGCUTTER said:
So you guys dont drink when you go out on a training run.

If you seriously want to race 'cross then you have to get used to training for 1 hour at a high intensity and not stopping for a drink. Believe me, you won't have opportunity or inclination to drink in races. My 'cross training circuit takes me just under an hour and I never take a drink on it. Also, I do hard hill running sessions for up to 90 minutes and don't take a drink. You just don't need it for high intensity, relatively short session.

If you are using the 'cross bike as a road bike then that's a different matter.

KINGCUTTER

jpembroke said:
If you seriously want to race 'cross then you have to get used to training for 1 hour at a high intensity and not stopping for a drink. Believe me, you won't have opportunity or inclination to drink in races. My 'cross training circuit takes me just under an hour and I never take a drink on it. Also, I do hard hill running sessions for up to 90 minutes and don't take a drink. You just don't need it for high intensity, relatively short session.

If you are using the 'cross bike as a road bike then that's a different matter.

I also go to work on it and go for weekend spins I had no intention of keeping it on in a race.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Mine also has a now-you-see-it-now-you-don't bottlecage. Sometimes I like to just get out and explore bridleways.

Dave5N

Über Member
KINGCUTTER said:
I also go to work on it and go for weekend spins I had no intention of keeping it on in a race.

SOHF? :girl:

Top Bottom