How much could i sell it for ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I am seriuosly considering n-1 by selling my winter hack , it would mean using my road bike all year but cash is tight and the roadie needs a service i cant afford to get it fixed.

its a giant iguna cromoly steel mtb 21 speed that i have commuterized by adding mudgaurds + rack .The highlight would be the conti travel contact tyres that i added and spds with a flat pedal on one side .
Now how much do you think i could sell it for ? i just wonder what figure i would get before i decide whether its worth losing a bike .
piccie, obviously lights + pannier bags would not be included and the saddle is different from the piccie
photo0025o.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sounds like its similar vintage to by Diamond Back Ascent. I guess you'd only be looking at a couple of hundred. There are ways of keeping the bikes serviced cheap.

You may regret selling it.

What' needs doing on the road bike. We could price that.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Sounds like its similar vintage to by Diamond Back Ascent. I guess you'd only be looking at a couple of hundred. There are ways of keeping the bikes serviced cheap.

You may regret selling it.

What' needs doing on the road bike. We could price that.
Trouble is i have been selling bits the last few months just so we can buy food by the end of the month due to tax credits ,short time and bills i worked out i am £300 a month short compared to last year .Untill we can sell the house i am skint big time .

Still having shifting problems even after new cable+rear mech.
the shifting is inconsistant now and often it will click and not change untill clicked again and no matter how hard i try i cant get shifting across the block the same .
EDIT.
Been playing and i have it shifting but its still sluggish and forgets to shift sometimes

potsy

Rambler

Still having shifting problems even after new cable+rear mech.
the shifting is inconsistant now and often it will click and not change untill clicked again and no matter how hard i try i cant get shifting across the block the same .
EDIT.
Been playing and i have it shifting but its still sluggish and forgets to shift sometimes
Ck, did you change the outer cable too or just the inner?
Could be as simple as that.
I had similar trouble on my Secteur, new inner didn't cure it, new inner and outer and it shifts every time now :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Ck, did you change the outer cable too or just the inner?
Could be as simple as that.
I had similar trouble on my Secteur, new inner didn't cure it, new inner and outer and it shifts every time now :thumbsup:
Just the inners, in a better mood than this morning , funeral of my aunt and a distinctly red bank balance colured my vision and buying new outers was out of the question even though its something i want to do .
The father in laws offer means i can at least pay the bills so i can at least not worry about that .

Drago

Legendary Member
Try selling it in Retrobike. If anyone's going to be interested in a vintage MTB it'll be those boys.

Sadly, I don't think it'll fetch a lot though :sad:

Top Bottom