how much faster...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andharwheel

Mickle said:Trikes aren't used at the upper level of Human Powered Vehicle competition any more "
Except if your Dutch and called Ymte and leave everyone standing at the World's at Bentwaters in the Crit.

Recumbents can be a lot faster over a short distance but then most riders have to stop and look in the mirror:ohmy:

squeaker

Über Member
User3143 said:
My trike is over a longer distance, yes the top speed of my road bike is quicker mostly due to the laws of physics.

But on my trike, I don't have to worry about balance, my arse hurting or anything else for that matter.
Except muppets in SUVs? :biggrin:
But now we are into fairings / bodywork. I suspect that the inherent ability of 3 wheels to deal with sidewinds, which become more of a problem with bodywork, tips (!) the advantage away from 2 wheels, if you want a practical vehicle.

And yes, I would love to own a Quest :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hilldodger said:
Recumbents can be a lot faster over a short distance but then most riders have to stop and look in the mirror:ohmy:

Not me. I forgot to take a comb or hairbrush on my first week long tour on a bike, and no one noticed the difference...:biggrin:

Top Bottom