How much for a bike used by the top pro's?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Im lost as to why people have a desire for a team bike, the reality is generally not what you believe. For example when you buy a 2011 team Sky bike you are not getting a mint frameset, you are getting something which has been riden hard, crashed, dropped and abused. Team riders have no financial outlay on the bike as such they do not care for it.
Your not getting wheels or the ceramic bearings, power meters, osymetric ring gears all the good suff is replaced with the standard gear at best. If the bike was a training bikeyou may not even get a dedra stem and bars issued to the team at that time it could simply be the standard equipment.
The bikes recieve comments from all who see them, usually relating to the condition of them.
Sure they are maintained well, but they equally look like shoot. Your buying a tool which was used to do a job, not a much loved bit of italian exotica.

Well i am buggered either way as i don't have 3.5-4k to spend on a bike. If i spent that kind of money on a bike i would be as well making the couch as comfy as possible for the foreseeable future :heat:

Top Bottom