How much for a haircut?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
£14 is the going rate around these parts. Clippers round the sides, scissors on top.

If I could get it done for less, I would

Chris S

Legendary Member
£5 on Ladypool Road. I'll wait till after Ramadan though, all the local barbers are fasting and I don't want any bald patches like last year.

arch684

Veteran
£6 plus £3 = £9 - quite expensive! ;)

A no. zero every two-three weeks from Babyliss clippers I bought from Argos several years ago.
They offer a coffee or tea and believe it or not a bottle of beer on a saturday.All for 3 quid

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I always give a tip:

"If you want to peel tomatoes, plunge them into boiling water, then into cold water"
"Don't smoke in bed"
"Always wear kneepads when skateboarding"
... that kind of thing. :smile:

Tim Hall

Thirteen quid just down the road. He's open from eight in the morning, so I've taken to going in on the way to work. A hundred yards up the road is a place proclaiming itself to be a "Barber & Gentleman's Grooming". £22.00 for a haircut & finish if you please. Appointments only. I'd take issue with it being a barber if you need an appointment.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
£13 for a shampoo and cut and I add a few quid as a tip. I have been going there for a couple of decades and the lady who attempts to turn me into something vaguely presentable knows the score by now. She knows that gel is the work of the devil.

IncoherentJeff

I grew up with local barbers charging between £12-£20. Then a few years back I bought myself some clippers & did it myself.

They're starting to get a little blunt so I tried a local barbers last weekend... £4! I couldn't believe it, previous cheapest was £8.

Felt like I was in one of those sheep shearing contests but at £4 for a 2 on the back & sides with scissors on top, I wouldn't expect any different. Bury is cheap ^_^

Top Bottom