How much for a haircut?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 35268

Guest
£14 is the going rate around these parts. Clippers round the sides, scissors on top.

If I could get it done for less, I would
 

Chris S

Legendary Member
Location
Birmingham
£5 on Ladypool Road. I'll wait till after Ramadan though, all the local barbers are fasting and I don't want any bald patches like last year.
 

arch684

Guru
£6 plus £3 = £9 - quite expensive! ;)

A no. zero every two-three weeks from Babyliss clippers I bought from Argos several years ago.
They offer a coffee or tea and believe it or not a bottle of beer on a saturday.All for 3 quid
 

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Location
Thumberland
I always give a tip:

"If you want to peel tomatoes, plunge them into boiling water, then into cold water"
"Don't smoke in bed"
"Always wear kneepads when skateboarding"
... that kind of thing. :smile:
 

Tim Hall

Guest
Location
Crawley
Thirteen quid just down the road. He's open from eight in the morning, so I've taken to going in on the way to work. A hundred yards up the road is a place proclaiming itself to be a "Barber & Gentleman's Grooming". £22.00 for a haircut & finish if you please. Appointments only. I'd take issue with it being a barber if you need an appointment.
 

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Location
lost somewhere
£13 for a shampoo and cut and I add a few quid as a tip. I have been going there for a couple of decades and the lady who attempts to turn me into something vaguely presentable knows the score by now. She knows that gel is the work of the devil.
 
I grew up with local barbers charging between £12-£20. Then a few years back I bought myself some clippers & did it myself.

They're starting to get a little blunt so I tried a local barbers last weekend... £4! I couldn't believe it, previous cheapest was £8.

Felt like I was in one of those sheep shearing contests but at £4 for a 2 on the back & sides with scissors on top, I wouldn't expect any different. Bury is cheap ^_^
 
Top Bottom