How much for a haircut?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hyslop

Veteran
£16 + a couple of quid tip. Don't tell anyone. It might jeopardise my membership of the tight-@rsed northerners club.
Its OK-the tip gets you back in the club:smile:

D

Deleted member 1258

£4.50p I get charged OAP rate, I've been using the same barber for years.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I had hair up until the kids were born. Last haircut was from a place known as the thirty bob shop, where I used to pay just that to have it clippered down to the wood. All these years later I clipper my own.
Cubester has his done at a place where they bend him over for twenty quid a time, and are still cheeky enough to ask him to pose for their catalogue.
Cubette gets stung for about thirty quid a time, and Mrs Cube is strangely silent on the cost of hers.

howard2107

£2, wifes mate does it, it only takes 5 minutes, i have the lot raked off about every 3 weeks, but it grows like hell albeit a bit grey these days.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Mrs. GA does the hair cutting,always does a fine job. Prior to that, I went to the same barber for nigh on 30 years,from when it was $2 American, to when it was $7.50.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I used to pay £5.75 to the barber across the road but he's been shut for a while due to illness. So Mrs Accy now gives me a number one every other week. I save a fiver but i miss the chit chat in the barbers chair.

Julia9054

Guru
My last cut and dry was £42, Mr M's was £12.
I cut Mr M's hair once and it didn't go well, had to go and get an "army cut" to repair my efforts. :blush:
Tried cutting my eldest son's hair when he was 2 (he didn't have much before then)
I wrapped him up in a towel like a walnut whip and sat him on the sideboard. I went round the edges which seemed to go well but then I got cocky and thought I'd try to do layers. Had to take him to the barbers the next day to repair the damage. All the barbers stopped what they were doing to crowd round and have a laugh. It was army cut time for him too.

the_craig

Über Member
£7.50 with a £1.50 tip.

And having been going to the same place for 10 years now. I just sit in the chair and he knows what I want without asking.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I used to pay £9 in one of those no need for an appointment, just turn up and wait your turn places. I've gone more up market and now pay £14. Anyone would think I'd won the lottery or something!
:eek: Lucky you!
Here the no appointment places are more expensive than the normal hairdresser - well, I only know of one, and it's in town, so pricey.
I use a local hairdressers, part of a small company, for a cut and style it's £ 30.00.
I do my own colour :girl:

Top Bottom