How much for your sportive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Funny, I was also young to suggest Audax events over sportives but loads have said it already.

Supposedly Audax is a bunch of people claiming it’s very chilled and no one is out to race. However there’s an argy bargy over on a local FB Audax group where someone has started bleating about wheel sucking. I believe started by some ex-sportive person on a 100km. ;)

I’m not on FB so I can’t verify this. I’ve just been told about it.

there's the old Audax/Sportive saying that goes
'On a Sportive its cyclists pretending to race, on an Audax it's cyclists pretending not to race'

cld531c

"It is not a moan but just an observation... the wheelsucking culture in the Audax family is getting worse every event I ride. Even if you struggling go to the front just for a minute or say simple "thanks" if you sat on the back of the "train" for miles . You make more friends this way too..."
Quote from FB page....

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
"It is not a moan but just an observation... the wheelsucking culture in the Audax family is getting worse every event I ride. Even if you struggling go to the front just for a minute or say simple "thanks" if you sat on the back of the "train" for miles . You make more friends this way too..."
Quote from FB page....
That's fair enough :okay:

gazza81

Über Member
Ive just signed up to my first one and must admit i did think at the time of paying...cor 40 notes!!!

But ive never done one so ill save my judgement untill after the day then will decide if i think its worth my hard earned cash

screenman

Legendary Member

Ever been on a club social ride?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Quote from FB page....

Interesting comment thread which seems to have gone down the aerodynamics route which is not the point. They just don't want Unknown riders sitting that close to their back wheel or even half wheeling. A whole load of stress they do not want and they don't even get the benefit of a conversation.

Top Bottom