How much is my bike worth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is that right, @Darius_Jedburgh ? I know their web presence is so bad you'd be forgiven for thinking they'd gone bust, but have they actually? I've got a Kiral and a Kryon and, while I've never worried about pranging them before, I shall now be paranoid ^_^

And to the OP, £850 seems like a lot for a bike that's about 8 years old? (Unless you're in Guernsey, but that's another story!)
Oh yes @Specialeyes. Most definitely.
Importer was/is just up the road from me. Kuota finished maybe 12 months ago. Main factory shut down. Goodnight Vienna.
I have a Kobalt as winter bike. I've tried everywhere to get a mech hanger - just in case - but they don't exist. Some other models are available, but my advice to you is to get some now if you can find some. Sooner or later there will be none available, and that will mean a bike write off.

Importer now deals with Moda bikes. I had a look at one yesterday. A bit on the heavy side, and lacking in finesse. Not quite agricultural but getting on that way. Think I'd have to be desperate to buy one.

OP doesn't seem to want to comment any more. He's just read all this and has retreated whence he came.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ultimately any used bike is only worth what someone who wants to buy it is willing to pay. If it really is 8 years old, £850 seems pretty good if it’s a genuine purchase

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
There was a mistake made with the reserve price not registering. This is explained to the bid winner don’t worry
Ok gotcha.
As said it’s worth what someone will pay…which given the age, might not be as much as you think/hope. It’s also a pretty obscure brand to the masses unlike Specialized, Trek etc so the pool of buyers will be smaller.

@ollie1993 it's your bike and you can do what you like with it - each to their own n'all that - but it's a few years old and from an obscure brand.

You came and asked the opinion of the CC Community, and as has been regularly pointed out, it's only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it - I'd say you did well to get that one bid at £850 and I'm a massive fan of Kuotae!

I'd also say you're absolutely wasting your time listing it for £3000 on Facebook and you're setting yourself up for a lot less polite replies!

If you were planning a holiday on the proceeds, I think you need to start looking more Cleethorpes than Caribbean.

vickster

Legendary Member
£3k for an old bike with no verifiable history? Really?!
if all the parts are in good nick, might actually make more selling in bits.
or get back to the bidder who offered £850

:welcome: why are you selling it ?
because he seems to think its worth ten times more than it actually is, that is if he is even selling it , seeing as it supposedly sold on ebay two days ago, and yet it appears on facebook for almost 4 times the amount it reached on ebay.

Johnno260

Veteran
It's 2nd hand with parts that aren't readily available.

Like anything 2nd hand just the act of taking it off the premises you purchased it from has de-valued it, this is the reason I get quality 2nd hand or out of season stuff.

raggydoll

Über Member
It's been on ebay 4 times.
Ended 4th June - minimum bid £1489 - zero bids
Ended 11th june - minimum bid £1402 - zero bids
Ended 18th June - minimum bid £1315 - zero bids
Ended 25th June 'sold' for £850.
I'm guessing the latest ebay auction was a shill bid attempt that fell at the first hurdle with no interest from any genuine buyers.

Bike was put up on 18th June and ended 7 days later on 25th.
Revisions were made the day it was put up to add a minimum price bid and a buy it now price...so seems there was a reserve and a buy it now price so no reason to pull out of the sale if it was a genuine bidder

From the listing...

The revisions have been made:
Revision summary for item #265200668327
DateTimeRevised Information
18 Jun, 202121:28:46 BSTMinimum bid price
18 Jun, 202122:02:24 BSTBuy it now price
Minimum bid price

Now it's on bookface for £3,000.

The question is 'how much is my bike worth?
The answer seems to be:
£1489?
£1402?
£1315?
£850?
£3000?

Where will it be tomorrow?
And for how much?

vickster

Legendary Member
I think the previous owner sold Ollie a bit of a line as to the value and he’s getting a bit desperate to recoup something close to what he was told.
An 8 year old race bike from an obscure brand isn’t going to hold its value too well even in the current hot bike market

Top Bottom