How much kit !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jagman.2003

Über Member
Well the press & marketing people will always want us to buy more or new kit.
I have a good selection of summer & winter gear. Also some accessories like arm warmers for the autumn & spring.
Most of it has lasted a long time.
The winter gear generally goes away for summer in the wardrobe.
I have a clothes rail on wheels which holds all the stuff I'm likely to use at that time.

For Fell-Running;

Shorts (no matter what the weather)
Club-vest

If you name's Jonny Brownlee, you just wear vest & short no matter what the weather...........

Some wear........................... a lot more..................................:wacko:

This was the 2012 edition of the 'Auld Lang Syne' fell-race (always organised for the 31st December)

if you look at the road-surface in the first few frames, that's not rough tarmac, that's rain hitting the ground
(yes I got very wet at that one)

https://plus.google.com/photos/110439573756197443848/albums/5828403274695950017?banner=pwa

_G108910.jpg

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
For Fell-Running;

Shorts (no matter what the weather)
Club-vest
Socks & 'correct' shoes (ie; I have choice of 3 different pairs of Inov-8s, according to conditions)

If below about 5 degrees, I also wear;
Gloves
Wolley hat/Buff
Long-sleeve 'wicking' t-shirt

Not forgetting a bum-bag, with emergency kit, if required, or deemed sensible. by the runner him/her-self
Hope in that emergency kit you haven't forgotten:
WATERPROOF whole body cover (i.e. covering the torso from head to ankles)
Maps
Compass suitable for navigating
Whistle
Emergency food.

We'll be having a kit check!

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Get rid of her and problems solved

I think not - 20 years in December & 3 kids, very happy and looking forward to the next 20. Plus, she's getting more into cycling and I have hopes that she too will have as much kit as me in due course.

S'pose the kids will move out one day then I might be able to expand the bike gear storage..

jagman.2003

Über Member
Well the press & marketing people will always want us to buy more or new kit.
I have a good selection of summer & winter gear. Also some accessories like arm warmers for the autumn & spring.
Most of it has lasted a long time.
The winter gear generally goes away for summer in the wardrobe.
I have a clothes rail on wheels which holds all the stuff I'm likely to use at that time.

Update...went mountain biking last night. So dug out alot more clothing I had forgotten about. Good stuff though, glad I bought it!

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
I find it really hard to cycle in winter clothes, i've got a good mix of detachables and the Nike running tights are ideal. I don't tend to cycle Jan-Feb these days due to ice worries really but the rest of the time if im cold i just peddle quicker!:bicycle:

Top Bottom