How much today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
My cycle buddy and me.Have started to take a guy out one day a week.He is not well.So far we have taken him out to our cycling cafes.Today took him to Roundhay Park.The new Visitors Centre.Now the questions are.In 1803 land was bought by a wealthy man for £58,000,In 1871 further land was purchased for £139,000 .How much is that in todays money.Anyone got a clue?

domtyler

Über Member
Significantly more I would have thought.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Thanks for that.How rich these people must have been.The mansion is quite big .But the grounds are enormous two lakes for starters.

Along the same lines; my maternal great-grandmother's family, Angel, from the West Country, owned property in London valued over 150 years ago at about £60 million! The deeds disappeared.
It was mentioned on Channel 4's 'Find a Fortune' with Carol Vorderman several years ago, but that programme also mysteriously vanished from the airwaves/internet.
How much is that amount worth today?

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Dayvo said:
Along the same lines; my maternal great-grandmother's family, Angel, from the West Country, owned property in London valued over 150 years ago at about £60 million! The deeds disappeared.
It was mentioned on Channel 4's 'Find a Fortune' with Carol Vorderman several years ago, but that programme also mysteriously vanished from the airwaves/internet.

About £3.5 billion ! - which would make you the 10th richest person in the UK (or thereabouts)

domtyler

Über Member
Dayvo said:

I've always liked you Dayvo. I can be your best mate if you want? :blush:

Top Bottom