How much was your first pint?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Can't remember how much beer was, but i remember going to get my dad 20 Gold Leaf from the vending machine in the chip shop and the change was attached to the packet !!

dondare

Über Member
I think that when I first started buying my own beer the price was 20p per pint.

My first pack of fags was 2 shillings, from a vending machine. I didn't smoke any of them.

Brains

Legendary Member
As the last time I got chucked out for being under age I was 22, so buying in a pub was not something I could do, (used to get my younger, smaller, brother to buy the beer) but seem to remeber a pint we 32p, so 3 for a quid down at the Rose and Pose in Greenwich

Vidor06

Long term loafer
Cheapest legal pint I ever bought was £1.39. Those were the days. I used to go out for a night with a tenner in my wallet. In Belfast the average pint is about £3.30 now so you can only just get 2 pints for a tenner.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
joebingo said:
There's a pub near me that occasionally sells green king IPA for 99p, which is nice :laugh:

;)

Details please....

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
20p a pint for Guinness as North Country Bitter or Hull Breweries was disgusting even for an under age drinker. Legless for £1.00 Then it went up to 21p and had to borrow 5p for a good night out.
Me and mates said we would give up drinking when it went up to 50p a pint. Never did:tongue:.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I remember paying the princely sum of 25p for a pint of Ben Truman in a pub in Bloomsbury called the Captain Corum. It was before the real ale campaign got going.

tyred

Legendary Member
£1.10 (punts) for a pint of Smithwicks. Would have been about '96 or '97. Don't drink anymore but was shocked to discover a pint of Smithwicks now costs just over 6 Euro. Suddenly pleased I don't drink anymore as I would be penniless if I still consumed as much as I did when I was younger.

tyred said:
£1.10 (punts) for a pint of Smithwicks. Would have been about '96 or '97. Don't drink anymore but was shocked to discover a pint of Smithwicks now costs just over 6 Euro. Suddenly pleased I don't drink anymore as I would be penniless if I still consumed as much as I did when I was younger.
€6 what a rip off. I've not had a pint of Smithwicks for a while but IIRC it was one of the cheaper pints in rip off Dublin. When I left Dublin in 2005 a pint of lager in rip off Cafe en Seine was that price :o)

Top Bottom