How much would you pay?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

User1314 said:
Just back from a Borough schools' Last Choir Standing thingie raising money for a Charity. (My son's in the school Choir).

Anyway, there was an auction for three items (auctioneer being Nasty Nick).

Chelsea shirt signed by entire team (all big names on there): went for £300
England Shirt signed by Ashley Cole: went for £120 (:cold:)
Pink Girls Aloud T-shirt signed by Cheryl Cole: went for £130 ;)

That means the Coles as a couple are viewed to be almost equal to the entire Chelsea Squad! Unbelievable.

Not so much unbelievable as untrue :sun:

User1314 said:
Just back from a Borough schools' Last Choir Standing thingie raising money for a Charity. (My son's in the school Choir).

Anyway, there was an auction for three items (auctioneer being Nasty Nick).

Chelsea shirt signed by entire team (all big names on there): went for £300
England Shirt signed by Ashley Cole: went for £120 (:cold:)
Pink Girls Aloud T-shirt signed by Cheryl Cole: went for £130 ;)

That means the Coles as a couple are viewed to be almost equal to the entire Chelsea Squad! Unbelievable.

On a side issue, I wish I'd been rich enough to have won the shirt. I would have taken great delight in then using it to wash my car!

I think I know what you are trying to say but and it is a big but.

Would to wast that much money just so you can wash your car!!!

gavintc

Guru
Charity auctions are not a true market place. It is distorted by emotion, greed, envy, one-up manship etc etc. The value and the sell price have as much in common as Jordan's boobs and reality.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
gavintc said:
Charity auctions are not a true market place. It is distorted by emotion, greed, envy, one-up manship etc etc. The value and the sell price have as much in common as Jordan's boobs and reality.

A mate of mine under the influence of alcohol and noblesse oblige bid £600 for a Lewis Hamilton signed photograph. His girl friends was not too happy and it look like he's going to take a large loss now that he wants to turn it back into cash.

gavintc said:

Well, if they take money from those that can afford it and give it to charities that need it, that's ok by me. I take your point about parading wealth though. I remember a very old Norman Wisdom film where there's a charity ball at the end and all the 'well-to-do's' chuck their jewellery and wallets into the middle of the floor - but only after he's shamed them into it. Your post made me remember it for some reason.

Football ones - nothing.
Depends if Cheryl was still in the T shirt.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
When my little sister was in her teens she got a hat signed by all the Sussex cricket team which she adored. Over time though the signatures completely faded and now she's just got an old hat!

Top Bottom