How Much?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

Whats the most extravagant purchase re: a bike = cost :tongue:

ME: As much as I layed out half a grand less 50 quidz for my current ride - I could have put the same thing together seperately for just on the same and got better parts 'there-of'.

Mr Pig

My new MTB cost £570, although I got it for £540. To be honest, if I'd had a grand spare I would've spent that. I bought as good as I could afford right now, you never regret buying the best you can afford.

Shaun

Founder
Single biggest purchase was my 2008 Spesh Roubaix Expert (£1800) - it's my riding equivalent of a Rolls-Royce. Smooth, fast, and incredibly comfortable.

That reminds me, I'd better turn around and jump on the flippin' thing ... at least that's what I've come to the office for; pick up the bike and go for a pootle ... so TTFN, back in a few ... ;)

(Forums eh! You think, "I'll just have a quick look", and before you now it half an hour has just disappeared!!!)

TVC

My Orbea at about 1K. Second would be my shoes, I don't see the point of scrimping on them.

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

>(Forums eh! You think, "I'll just have a quick look", and before you now it half an hour has just disappeared!!!)

30 mins - is that it...;)

Pedaldog

Fatter than thou!
2005 I paid I.C.E. £3,200-00 for the Trice Classic. It's not the new "Factory production type" stuff but the original Handbuilt and it is the best money I have ever spent on anything!

Melvil

I'm a cheapskate. I paid a shade under £300 for a secondhand Giant SCR1 triple with 105. Works well so far (though a shade large for me!). That's my most expensive purchase.

Top Bottom