How much??!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
As a kid I owned a British Railways poster made from a Terence Cuneo painting of Metro Vickers Co-Bo hauling the Condor freight train. I 'salvaged' it from the derelict apprentice training school at North Road Locomotive works in Darlington a couple of months after the place closed down in 1967.

$T2eC16J,!w4FIZsTys0OBSTpq,dI1!~~60_57.JPG

I remember swapping it for a Keil Kraft Caprice glider kit thinking that I'd got a good deal.

Today I looked it up on Ebay and there's two on offer with the cheaper of the two going for £1499. Kiel Kraft Caprice kits can be had for for as little as £35.

:cry:

Last edited:
To be fair though most things from your childhood could be sold to musems for millions.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I caught a bit of the Antiques Roadshow yesterday, waiting for some rugby, and one woman had a couple of paintings which her dad, a tax inspector who had hated every day of his job, being as he was basically a lovey and art lover, had got from the original artists, in return for doing their tax returns, following his retirement. One of them was valued at perhaps £1,000 - 'he never quite made it' - but the other, from an artist who very much had, and was now very much in vogue, was valued at between £50,000 & £60,000.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Are you going to own up about being the seller of the more expensive one of those prints, Doug?

I wish!

I see your new avatar by the way! :giggle:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I didn't even get to enjoy the Keil Kraft Caprice for long. I carefully built it and flew it a few times before it caught a thermal and disappeared into the distance. A bitter sweet experience.

Oh, I don't know what to say! I once lost a nice big glider (admittedly polystyrene) after it caught a breeze and ended up in trees on a small cliff, and nobody could get close enough to it, but that is nothing compared to THAT!

I'd have started comfort eating pies too :whistle:

Your 'new' old avatar is vaguely disconcerting what with the eyepatch by the way!

Last edited:
Top Bottom