How much..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Realistically, without being greedy £140,000 would make me happy. It would pay off my mortgage, and buy me a new car and a new bike. then i would only have to work for money for the bills and food, which meant i could do whatever job i wanted (like zookeeper) and not have to worry about whether i could afford to live off the meager wages that fun jobs pay.

however, i would LIKE to win millions so i can give loads away.

Melvil

For me, it would be however much money was needed to start my own business. I have no idea how much that would be, hence the lack of own business.

barq

A few weeks back I found a fiver in a book (I'd been using it as a bookmark). To be honest that made me quite happy even though it was a small amount of money and mine in the first place. :blush:

To answer the question another way, having my student debt (both undergrad and postgrad) wiped out would be good and a large deposit for a modest terrace house would be even better. So £100k would be very nice.

SamNichols

Pay off my student loan, my graduate loan and enough to cover fees for my PhD if i don't get funding. So, about 20 grand would be right to set myself up for life. Can't drive, am happy with my bike and have no urge to get on the property ladder at this stage.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Someone once told me that a nationwide survey asked how much more money would people like to earn, compared to what they earned now, that they thought would make them more content.

the average was 10% more than they were already earning.

seems you always live 10% beyond your means.

papercorn2000

BJB said:
There isn't really an answer to this because money doesn't equal happiness.

Right, I am now on my way round to your house. You will write me a large cheque equal to everything that you own. In 6 weeks, we will meet up again and see who is the happiest!:blush:

mondobongo

Über Member
£250,000 would be enough for me, enable me to get out of this country set up home in France or Spain and have enough in the bank to cover the unexpected. Yes would still be quite happy to go to work.

Top Bottom