1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much..

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by yenrod, 10 Nov 2007.

1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

...money would make you happy (realistically)

2. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

Realistically, without being greedy £140,000 would make me happy. It would pay off my mortgage, and buy me a new car and a new bike. then i would only have to work for money for the bills and food, which meant i could do whatever job i wanted (like zookeeper) and not have to worry about whether i could afford to live off the meager wages that fun jobs pay.

however, i would LIKE to win millions so i can give loads away.

3. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

Lucky enough our out going is less then our incoming, so we already have enough. :blush: :smile:

4. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

300k to buy decent(ish) house
    170k to buy daughter an apartment
    50k towards next years council tax bill.

5. You are the secret millionaire! I claim my £2,500. Thanks. :blush::biggrin:

6. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

7. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

Pay off the mortgage, put some away for the kids uni fees (by the time they get there it will cost loads), buy a couple of decent new cars (nothing flash) and a little for the retirement. £275 million should do it:biggrin:

8. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

For me, it would be however much money was needed to start my own business. I have no idea how much that would be, hence the lack of own business.

9. barq

barq Senior Member

A few weeks back I found a fiver in a book (I'd been using it as a bookmark). To be honest that made me quite happy even though it was a small amount of money and mine in the first place. :blush:

To answer the question another way, having my student debt (both undergrad and postgrad) wiped out would be good and a large deposit for a modest terrace house would be even better. So £100k would be very nice.

10. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

Pay off my student loan, my graduate loan and enough to cover fees for my PhD if i don't get funding. So, about 20 grand would be right to set myself up for life. Can't drive, am happy with my bike and have no urge to get on the property ladder at this stage.

11. Slowgrind

Slowgrind New Member

£6.000000. Just to be sure!

12. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

Someone once told me that a nationwide survey asked how much more money would people like to earn, compared to what they earned now, that they thought would make them more content.

the average was 10% more than they were already earning.

seems you always live 10% beyond your means.

13. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

What about the 13p ????

14. papercorn2000

papercorn2000 Senior Member

Right, I am now on my way round to your house. You will write me a large cheque equal to everything that you own. In 6 weeks, we will meet up again and see who is the happiest!:blush:

15. Slowgrind

Slowgrind New Member

What about the 13p E.F.?