How much..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Enough so I could pay my mortgage off and never *have* to work again - meaning that I could choose to work (and what to do) rather than have to. Not saying that I never want to work again, because that would be boring. Also I'd like to help my family out too, and the charity that I run. A couple of million would probably do it.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yeah, 150-200,000 to buy a little house outright, and then I'd be able to live on a pittance and work or not as I chose.

Although I don't know if that would make me happy, just less worried. You can't buy what would make me happy.

domtyler

Über Member
Two or Three Million quid for me would be enough to pay off the mortgage, loans and credit cards, take a year off travelling, new big house, new car (nothing flash, just a nice big 4 litre X5 plus something for the missus), five or six new bikes. Funds to put the offspring through public school and university then a flat/car etc. for her. Actually better make it a nice round five million. not that I'm greedy or anything!

Saddle bum

Über Member
"How much!!!!!"

That's the second thing a tintop says after "SMIDSY".

Its when you tell him how much the repairs to your P&J will cost. (He thinks all bicycles cost £50 from Halfrauds).

walker

Arch said:
Yeah, 150-200,000 to buy a little house outright, and then I'd be able to live on a pittance and work or not as I chose.

Although I don't know if that would make me happy, just less worried. You can't buy what would make me happy.

Where would you buy a house for that Arch? Middlesbrough?

walker

I'd say around £500k. I could pay off my debts, pay off my mortgage to then rent that out and buy a new house somewhere away from London, infact away from England. The amount I charge on the rent should keep me happy enough not to have to work.

Top Bottom