How often do you trim.....?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
....your bush?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...start-a-bush-war-in-plymouth-115875-22542714/

hedge-grown-by-david-alvand-pic-swns-80062751.jpg

TVC

Just seen this on the BBC news, the guy had a 12' back wall demolished five years ago. That lawn has really got out of hand.

We actually have a similar, if not quite so extreme issue with a neighbours Leylandii. There are some trees of similar height (but smaller girth) backing on to our garden (which we bought at the end of last year). It's not been a priority for this year, but I think they need seriously trimmed back or cut down next year. We haven't actually talked to the neighbour about it (their back garden backs on to ours and they are a little reclusive), so it might not be an issue in the end, but it would certainly incur a cost on them to rectify it.

I won't be loosing any sleep over it, but it is definitely something we will be getting sorted next year!

Davidc

Guru
I'd never recommend criminal damage but ......

A couple of copper nails in the trunk just above ground level improves leylandii enormously. Cut the heads off the nails before they're level with the bark and force them in a bit further with a centre punch so they can't be seen.

Best done when they're a lot younger than the one in this story though.

TVC

A couple of copper nails in the trunk just above ground level improves leylandii enormously. Cut the heads off the nails before they're level with the bark and force them in a bit further with a centre punch so they can't be seen.

There are actually 16 trees there according to the BBC, that's quite a bit of hammering in the night.

Arch

Married to Night Train

And hope some poor sod doesn't get hired to cut the trees down with a chainsaw...

Top Bottom