How often to clean road bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
Get a bike with basically no paint left in the first place and then you don't feel the need to clean it.....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Get a bike with basically no paint left in the first place and then you don't feel the need to clean it.....

That's what you think..
whistling.gif

Davidc

Guru
I find that furniture polish a couple of times a year means that a wash with car shampoo when it gets dirty is adequate the rest of the time.

Mine's a tourere complete with mudguards and rack, so when it's time for a ppolish all those bits come off, the cranks and chainwheels too, so that I can get to all of the bits that accumulate crud on the paintwork.

Unlike car cleaning I enjoy it.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
my brand new boardman gets a wipe down after every ride (and im trying to avoid riding it in the rain). with a new bike its easy to do and it keeps it looking the nice...

wales2010180-1.jpg

CBM1040-1.jpg

my commute bike is lucky if it gets cleaned one a month in the summer but it gets more attention in the winter. if its been a wet week it will get a wash at the weekend. i like it to at least look clean.

at the end of the winter it will get a proper strip down and clean ready for another year

wales2010181-1.jpg

Philk

I clean mine every fortnight if dry, or weekly if its raining/wet.

but mine lives in the house, so it has to be clean

P1010058.jpg

P1010057.jpg

Heres some pics after a good clean

jayonabike