How on-earth do you fit everything in your saddle bag???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I read various threads/comments about what others fit in their saddle bags and am amazed.
I have a Topeak LARGE and when on my hard tail (with a struggle) manage to fit...........
puncture repair kit (small box)
tyre levers
spare tube
cereal bar
mobile
And that is about it.
Goodness knows how people get this and more in smaller bags.
I have my jelly babies & a cloth (in case of puncture etc.) in the rear pockets of my jersey............BUT.......what if I didn't wear a cycling type jersey :unsure:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't! :okay:

Let me zoom in on one of the photos from my ride yesterday ...

Camelbak bag.jpg

A Camelbak bag. TBH (as you can see) I normally use bottles on the road bike so I omit the Camelbak bladder. The bag is really handy for those who suffer from your problem!

Globalti

Legendary Member
A spare tube takes up about the same space as a Mars bar if you roll it up tight while sucking out the air. You have to press the titty against your teeth while sucking and you'll need to roll it twice, working the air towards the valve. Tape it up tight, including two tyre levers in the bundle. I use different coloured tapes and corresponding valve caps for the different tubes on different bikes.

A lightweight butyl tube takes up even less space. Pump it up a little to give it shape before fitting it in the tyre.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Everything in jersey pockets for me . If I want to carry food I may add a saddle bag and put my phone and spare tube in it to free up some pocket space .

outlash

also available in orange
Mobile and cereal bar in the jersey, use self adhesive patches instead of a kit and add a multitool (essential, IME). Job done.

Tony.

EDIT: the bag for my Day One includes an adjustable spanner to remove the back wheel. That's only a Topeak medium!

davdandy

Forget the repair kit,carry spare inners.Food and mobile in your jacket.Why wouldnt you wear a jersey or jacket anyway?

BigAl68

Über Member
2 tubes, 2 Allen keys, quick link, self adhesive patches and 2 tyre levers in this tiny pack. Pump, Money phone and keys in my jersey pockets. Can't understand what else you need but I am sure someone will tell me :okay:
DSC_1350.JPG

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ok I wasn't zooming in on what you where talking about . Try it again :laugh:

[QUOTE 3646351, member: 9609"]Your mate seems to have a good idea, he's tied a belt round his midriff on top of his jumper then filled the top of his jumper with all his stuff.clever idea:okay:[/QUOTE]
Note to self: Next time, crop out everything except the actual subject of the photo! :whistle:

vickster

Legendary Member
How far are you going to need jelly babies and a cereal bar?

Personally, I'm never going to repair an inner tube, let alone at the side of the road, but I did recently buy a pack of lezyne quick patches which are tiny to show willingness :biggrin: get some and lose yes puncture repair kit

Tribag on the crossbar is useful for mobile as long as no bigger than an iPhone 5 really, cereal bar if actually needed, tissues. Pump on the frame

I can't stand having anything much against my lower back so jersey pockets not used even if I have them

andyfraser

Über Member
For tomorrow I've put 2 tubes, a multi tool and some tyre levers in the saddle bag. Everything else will go in my bum bag.

The plan is to take a shirt in my small gym bag that I'll then fold up and put in my saddle bag so I won't have a backpack if I go for a ride tomorrow. I'll bring everything back on Friday in my usual back pack.

Top Bottom