How on-earth do you fit everything in your saddle bag???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
Get a bar bag for the snacks, phone etc. Use the saddle bag for the tools etc.

adamhearn

Veteran
Topeak Aero small with spare tube, Crank Brothers 17 multi tool, set of 3 Park tyre levers, Park patches, Park tyre boot, spare cleat bolt, some coins and a smart phone in a sock. Not got much room left for bars, etc. but can squash in something small and anything else can reside in the jersey.

Last edited:

jim55

Guru
For tomorrow I've put 2 tubes, a multi tool and some tyre levers in the saddle bag. Everything else will go in my bum bag.

I use a bum bag for my phone ( I just don't feel it's safe in my pocket as if it bounces out and I don't notice it gone I'd b lost without it) and my credit card / any cash I carry, the bike spares ( tubes and stuff) go in a under seat bag , but I always think the bum bag is a bit naff looking although it's at least secure and easy to get at , suppose I could fit a tri bag and put it in there , any suggestions on what is out there for secure phone storage on a bike

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
kenneth.jpeg
Can't understand this minimalism thing, I never cycle without a pair of panniers. I just feel ill prepared without them

bpsmith

Veteran
Pair of tubes and levers in Jersey pocket 1. Phone, £5 note and garage key in Jersey pocket 2. Food or Gel in Jersey pocket 3.

No bike bag for me.

andyfraser

Über Member
I use a bum bag for my phone ( I just don't feel it's safe in my pocket as if it bounces out and I don't notice it gone I'd b lost without it) and my credit card / any cash I carry, the bike spares ( tubes and stuff) go in a under seat bag , but I always think the bum bag is a bit naff looking although it's at least secure and easy to get at , suppose I could fit a tri bag and put it in there , any suggestions on what is out there for secure phone storage on a bike
I just keep telling myself at least the bum bag isn't a backpack. Plus the whole bum bag idea was so I had somewhere for my phone, wallet, cash, etc that I can just pick up regardless of which bike I'm riding. I may not need the stuff in my saddle bag to go to the shops but I will need some of what's in the bum bag.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I have a Topeak LARGE and when on my hard tail (with a struggle) manage to fit...........
puncture repair kit (small box)
tyre levers
spare tube
cereal bar
mobile
And that is about it.
Goodness knows how people get this and more in smaller bags.
Why's the puncture kit in a box? Have you taken the tube out of its box and wrapped it instead?

I think my small bag currently contains sandpaper square, self adhesive patches, tube, levers, multitool, adjustable wrench, chain tool and quick links. Food and phone go in pockets or bar/stem bag, pump is clipped or strapped to the bike.

Last edited:

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
Topeak Aero Wedge medium for me. I used to have the small, but couldn't find a pump to fit in it. Also in there is a spare tube, levers, patches, quick link, ratchet rocket and 8 Allen/Torx fittings, chain tool, a spoke key that doesn't fit my current set of wheels, a few wet-wipes, and usually my keys and an "emergency" gel. I've never used my emergency gel even when I've bonked because I don't think I think all that clearly in that state. More food (if it's more than an hour on the bike) and mobile in the pockets. Getting a decent pump that is tiny is the key to a small bag, I think. I've forgotten what mine is. I bought it in Evans, so it's likely Topeak, but it pumps to quite a high pressure reasonably quickly.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
A Camelbak bag. TBH (as you can see) I normally use bottles on the road bike so I omit the Camelbak bladder. The bag is really handy for those who suffer from your problem!

I have one of those for when I'm on the hard tail......................it somehow doesn't seem to go with my road bike & lycra :bicycle:

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Mobile and cereal bar in the jersey, use self adhesive patches instead of a kit and add a multitool (essential, IME). Job done.

That's only a Topeak medium!
The self adhesive are a good idea.............never used them but have read possitive comments re' them on CC

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have one of those for when I'm on the hard tail......................it somehow doesn't seem to go with my road bike & lycra :bicycle:
I'm beginning to look more like the stereotypical cyclist now that I have lost a lot of weight and am getting fitter, but for years I went with my road bike and lycra even less than the bag did! :okay:

You will be telling me to remove the peak from the road helmet next! (Or if a purist, to just wear a cap instead ...)

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
2 tubes, 2 Allen keys, quick link, self adhesive patches and 2 tyre levers in this tiny pack. Pump, Money phone and keys in my jersey pockets. Can't understand what else you need but I am sure someone will tell me :okay: View attachment 85782

Another good idea...........I take one of those gizmos with loads of allen keys whereas I am really only going to ever need the 2.

Top Bottom