How safe is your car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
I have the opposite problem. My car usually says the key isn't in the car even when it is!

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
I'm singing the thread title to the tune of the Bee Gees' How Deep Is Your Love. Because I can :smile:

Its it a lengthy tune :whistle:

NickNick

Surely keeping the card/keyless key in a small Faraday cage would be a much better option than a steering lock. Wander if the ones to protect rfid / contactless cards would work?

OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru
Surely keeping the card/keyless key in a small Faraday cage would be a much better option than a steering lock. Wander if the ones to protect rfid / contactless cards would work?

Perhaps even a foil wrapped box while in the house ?
I wont be going back to a steering wheel lock even tho they are great discouragement devices for road rage nobbers

NickNick

Perhaps even a foil wrapped box while in the house ?
I wont be going back to a steering wheel lock even tho they are great discouragement devices for road rage nobbers

Yep that would probably work (would need to experiment with it and see if it still unlocks car or not). The advice of police it particularly crap, if the thieves are high tech enough to be using relay boxes to clown the car's key, I somehow doubt a steering clamp will slow them down much!

Top Bottom