How should winter gloves fit/do these fit me (video included)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeJD

Hi all,

I'm wondering if fellow winter cyclists can offer some tips/advice on how gloves for this type of riding should fit.

I've found some gloves that are well reviewed, and don't break the bank (too much): Endura Pro SL Primaloft Waterproof Gloves

I'm having trouble picking between Medium and Large, the Large size has extra room (1cm or so) on the end of all fingers apart from primary, and the Medium has a bit of room on each finger, and touching the hem on the primary finger.

It's really hard to pick between the two as I'm not sure how these gloves should fit. If I was selecting gloves for every day wear, it would be the Medium, as they feel less 'clumsy', down to the Large's excess room on the fingers, but it's possible that spacing could be intentional for winter cycling gloves.

It could also be possible neither of these gloves fit correctly. With them being pricey, I want to be more assured before using them and not being able to return.

Here's a video showing the fits of both sizes (Medium on left - Large on right):

View: https://youtu.be/vk3UFMCwRvg

Thanks for the help.

vickster

Legendary Member
Order both from somewhere with free delivery and returns, buy both, try on, see which feel most comfortable when on the bike controls (obviously just indoors while still attached to the cards), return the other pair. They should feel snug but not tight or dig in eg between the fingers.

It’s not that hard :okay:

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MikeJD

Order both from somewhere with free delivery and returns, buy both, try on, see which feel most comfortable when on the bike controls (obviously just indoors while still attached to the cards), return the other pair. They should feel snug but not tight or dig in eg between the fingers.

It’s not that hard :okay:

That's what I've done in the video above. I thought people may have experience with how these winter gloves should fit for cycling.

You maybe have too much time on your hands. Or not enough. I can’t decide.

Just trying to make an informed decision on a £58 purchase, wouldn't want to regret it if I discovered they're too large/small while out riding.

vickster

Legendary Member
I think you’d be able to tell easily which size fits just from trying on, holding the bars or brifters and leaving your hands and fingers a bit :okay:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I would say if in doubt go larger - too tight fitting and you will get cold fingers. I have long slender fingers and gloves that feel fine on my hard but are too short when pushing between thumb and forefinger on the hoods, so my finger tips press against the end of the gloves and I get cold numb fingers.

OP
OP
M

MikeJD

I'd go larger. Then you can always have liners inside.
I would say if in doubt go larger - too tight fitting and you will get cold fingers. I have long slender fingers and gloves that feel fine on my hard but are too short when pushing between thumb and forefinger on the hoods, so my finger tips press against the end of the gloves and I get cold numb fingers.

Thanks guys, that's exactly the input I was after, taking those things into consideration the larger pair, although feeling clumsier will be the better choice of the two.

Top Bottom