How strange is this.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
Hi and hope you've had a good week.
Tonight I've had some strange goings on,s with my bike. I went out on my usual 20 mile ride tonight and everything run nice and smooth apart from a few nasty pot holes jumping out at me. It was when I got home, that my bike suddenly became possessed. I parked it up in the kitchen and settled down in front of the tv with a beer and cat curled up on the sofa.Everything was and quite and relax, and then all of a sudden I heard a loud bang from the kitchen. The cat flew off the sofa with his tail like a bog brush and me wondering what the hell has happened in the kitchen. After checking around all the appliances I noticed the rear tyre had gone flat. Spinning the wheel it soon became clear the tyre had actually ruptured. I can't understand how this could of possibly happen whilst the bike was laying up idle. Even more strange was that I even checked my tyres after my ride tonight and they both appeared to be in good condition. Very strange indeed but I'm glad it let go in the comfort of my home as opposed to in the middle of nowhere in the dark. :-) :-)

beepbeep

happened to my MTB in the office at work...a lot warmer in the office than outside

subaqua

What’s the point
Hi and hope you've had a good week.
Tonight I've had some strange goings on,s with my bike. I went out on my usual 20 mile ride tonight and everything run nice and smooth apart from a few nasty pot holes jumping out at me. It was when I got home, that my bike suddenly became possessed. I parked it up in the kitchen and settled down in front of the tv with a beer and cat curled up on the sofa.Everything was and quite and relax, and then all of a sudden I heard a loud bang from the kitchen. The cat flew off the sofa with his tail like a bog brush and me wondering what the hell has happened in the kitchen. After checking around all the appliances I noticed the rear tyre had gone flat. Spinning the wheel it soon became clear the tyre had actually ruptured. I can't understand how this could of possibly happen whilst the bike was laying up idle. Even more strange was that I even checked my tyres after my ride tonight and they both appeared to be in good condition. Very strange indeed but I'm glad it let go in the comfort of my home as opposed to in the middle of nowhere in the dark. :-) :-)
Tyre or inner tube

classic33

Leg End Member
It's not too bad in an empty house. Worse when it happens at work when you've people working on an air reservoir for a compressor when it decides to give nearby.

Top Bottom