How sympathetic is your other half to cycling?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
My Wifes very good, bless her :biggrin:

Last Sunday, returning from the first proper rode on my shiny new bike and, to my horror, it had picked up some dirt as the roads were wet.

It was wheeled straight into the front room so I could wipe it down, let it dry, and then wax it.

And, I got away with that :biggrin: and, the Wife paid half towards the new bike as an early Christmas pressie :biggrin:

I know others who'd have been beaten to death before the front wheel had made it through the door.............

rich p

ridiculous old lush
My wife is as keen as I am on cycling but she finds it hard to find any other women to ride with. I'm about to buy her a new tourer from Chas Roberts and she's as excited as a kid at Christmas,

Bigtallfatbloke

..mine is supportive in so much as she thinks it's a good thing for me to do . But had I tried what you did I would not be alive to post this.

Ha ha - I have my commuter (Veneto, mudguards, lights, paper underneath to catch the White Lightning applied before the next day under the telly on the wall... along with my Look (suppose it is my Summer bike now :biggrin: )in the front window, leaning against a chair (flash chair though:biggrin: ) - minus 'peddles' as I needed to change them etc etc...Meanwhile, in the 'conservatory' reposes a Colnago, very clean but not quite ready to roll (Just for now, not on the workstand!) and hey! SWMBO's Decathlon Elops4? with a massive dog toting basket on the front.
What's more, if France stuff New Zealand tonight, I could probs. order a new Trek Madone - such is the distraction!
But if they lose...:biggrin:

wafflycat

Husband & I did a forty mile bike ride together today. He has bought me all my steeds and he encourages me wonderfully to be cycling as much as I want to. He's also my personal bike mechanic, keeping my steeds in tip-top order. He's a star.

bikefettler

My dearly beloved drove me to Lands End for the start of my Lejog and came to edinburgh to collect me after my journey was cut short by injury and she cannot understand why I also need multiple bikes but she has her own hobbies and passions so I say bless her , she `s priceless!

...Hmmmm, now should I go for a Trek or an Orbea Orca... yep, France won the rugby! :biggrin:

tomb1960

My wife is hugely supportive as it gets me 'out of her hair'! My bikes have never been allowed in the house though, they have to saty in the garage.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I'm too young to be married, and you may think i have it easy. But my mum doesnt want me to keep my bike in the house, so its down in the shed. And she doesnt understand why i want to get a road bike. But my mum washes my cycling kit and takes me to the bike shop if i need something and i cant get the bike there.
Pretty good really.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Mrs P is supportive of my cycling. She even washes my kit for me and allows me to dismantle my steeds in the kitchen when the weather is bad.

Top Bottom