how the hell...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Radius

SHREDDER
Talk about chopped and flopped....(bars on that Giant)

Oh, and just remembered, not that anyone cares, there was a Paddywagon measily locked to a parking sign on the King's road the other day...

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
ilovebikes said:
no it was some sort of giant, i didnt note the name at the time and now i cant find it on the internet ;), i'll have to ring the shop to get the full model name, it had a handlebar design that i've never seen before and semi-aero wheels very nice :evil:

EDIT: i think it was this one http://www.luvbikes.com/products.php?plid=m1b1s6p3575&z=4067

Ahhh the Giant Bowery. Its got a flip/flop hub so you can have it fixed or single.
I like the look of it, but i dont think i would have one. Its more of a fashion fixed i think, so if your into that kind of thing then go for it.
It is very expensive though.
Me personally i would go for the normal Bowery, but have the whole bars taped and have proper levers on(ones on the drops, not ones for flat bars) or change the bars to bull horns and have it like that.
Mmmmm would love another fixed:thumbsup::evil:

Joe24

Radius said:
Talk about chopped and flopped....(bars on that Giant)

Oh, and just remembered, not that anyone cares, there was a Paddywagon measily locked to a parking sign on the King's road the other day...

They are pursuit bars, its how they are ment to be. Some will like them, some wont. I preferre the look of short bull horns(like drops cut down and turned upside down)
I think that looks better then long ones, or pursuit bars.

Radius

SHREDDER
Joe24 said:
They are pursuit bars, its how they are ment to be.

Yeah I know thaat, but they look more like chopped and flopped drops rather than purpose made persuits, even though they're obviously not.

Radius

SHREDDER
Yes they do. This could go on.

Look:

Charge-Plug_bars_hi.jpg

mf7930_bowery84.jpg

Perhaps it's just me....

Joe24

Or for a beter view of chopped and flopped
CIMG0396.jpg

hugo_hero.jpg

The ones on the giant drop down, then go flat and come up.
Chopped and flops dont drop down, and only really have a little flick up at the end.
Theres an American guy on fixed around here(not seen him for about a year though, dont know if hes still about) that has chopped and flipped drops, they look nice. They arent as long as pursuit bars.
And i think the ones on that Charge arent actually chopped and flipped drop bars, they look more like proper bull horns, like the ones Charge do.

Radius

SHREDDER
They are proper bullhorns, that's what I was saying, in comparison to the Giant...plus you could get the effect found on the Giant with chop and flop, but anyway, it looks kinda cool, although you're right that the 'normal' version is much nicer.

Radius

SHREDDER
Yes, that what I was saying!!!! I was comparing the ready made bullhorns on the Charge to the ready made ones on the Giant, to indicate that I thought the Giant ones looked more like they weren't ready made...!

...!

Joe24

spandex said:
Joe just wate till I get home and I will post some pic's of my bike:tongue:

Yes please. I havent seen it.
I've thought about getting some drops and cutting them down, but i wont be low enough when i need to, so ahvent done it yet:wacko:

Joe24

Radius said:
Yes, that what I was saying!!!! I was comparing the ready made bullhorns on the Charge to the ready made ones on the Giant, to indicate that I thought the Giant ones looked more like they weren't ready made...!

...!

But they dont:wacko: Ive shown you chopped and flipped ones, and shown you ready built ones.
Pursuit bars are different to bullhorns. Chopped and flipped drops are like normal bullhorns, but they arent as long as ready-done bullhorns.

Top Bottom