How to buy a Chinese frame/wheelset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looks good.

OP
OP
Luegolover

Luegolover

I have started on the install of the Di2 now. It required me to strip everything off the bike that wasn't needed leaving me with the frame and the saddle, everything else has gone which seemed a bit brutal. I have got the electronic cables in, the hydraulic cables in and cut to length and the levers on. I realised that the battery mount would vibrate and bang on the frame if it wasn't supported by another bolt which would mean drilling a hole in the frame. I decided to contact the manufacture in China with a question about this and was relieved to hear back within 24 hours that it would be perfectly ok to do that. So I drilled the frame and fitted a rivinut which is what the manufacturer has used elsewhere on the frame. I guess I could have bled the brakes and fitted the chains etc but I didn't want to rush and I was feeling cold so I stopped at that point. It has been fun so far.

OP
OP
Luegolover

Luegolover

Finished the Di2 upgrade and I am delighted. The gears are beyond words. The brakes work really well too but I have a lot of lever travel before they bite so I am investigating that. The bike feels light, is a total joy to ride and I am proud of my efforts. I am thinking of adding some graphics to the wheels but only thinking of it. I would wholeheartedly recommend carbon components from China via Aliexpress or DHGate as all the items I have bought have been high quality, low cost and delivered rapidly.
IMG_2809.JPG

Top Bottom