How to buy a Chinese frame/wheelset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Luegolover

Luegolover

Well, funny you should say that, my cycle buddies are always ribbing me about the shorts but I do believe they are better than my fat backside in lycra.

From Velominati.com:

Rule #18: Know what to wear. Don't suffer kit confusion.

...no baggy shorts or jerseys whilst riding......

:-)

OP
OP
Luegolover

Luegolover

Well I finished the truing stand, it took ages as I know nothing about wood. It isn't too bad though. I have also had a go at lacing the front wheel, that was fun. It looks good but is not remotely true yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2728.jpg
    IMG_2728.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2729.jpg
    IMG_2729.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2730.jpg
    IMG_2730.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 37

jack smith

Veteran
Are those spokes not too long? Sorry ive never built a wheel or looked into it but i thought they would have less bend even when untentioned

OP
OP
Luegolover

Luegolover

Well I used two different calculator tools for it and got almost exactly the same answer. I don't know though so will have to wait until I start to tension it sometime this week.

jack smith

Veteran
Goodluck with the build its not something id like to do!

OP
OP
Luegolover

Luegolover

Got the front wheel finished. I had to take it to pieces and rebuild it as I realised that I had screwed the nipples on by different amounts. It was much easier to put the spokes in second time round and the wheel was reasonably true from the off. I tightened the spokes, checked dish on the new dishing tool that I spent most of yesterday making then focused on lateral and radial alignment and it seems pretty damn good now. It didn't really take that long either. I wasn't counting but the wheel was sorted in no time. The only real issue I have is how tight are the spokes? They feel pretty tight to me but not entirely sire that they are tight enough. When my wife gets back from her morning jaunt I will compare the tension to her wheels. Between now and then I have started on the rear wheel which has gone together remarkable well. Having trouble with iPhoto but will post a photo once it is sorted.

Top Bottom