How to carry security chain on bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
I have one of these.
The cable is a waste of time. A pair of secateurs would take it out.

However the U lock is allegedly "silver rated".
Nice thing is it has a holder to mount on the bike. I find that works really well.
Unless the scripts are out to nick your wheels.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Magnum-O...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

My bike insurance insists on a Sold Secure Gold lock if it is left alone - even in the shed

I found a cheapish one in WIlco - at the end of the day, if they can cut that they will cut the better ones I used in the shed

I generally carry it in the bag on the rack - or if the bag isn't there then I secure it to the rack with a bungy cord

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Odd paradox isn't it?

Struggle to get light bike and so on. Then have to cycle around with a heavy chain and padlock.

I used to do this commuting as I'd visit a few sites - almost doubled the weight of the bike ! I'm on one site now, so locks left at the work's shelter.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Saddlebag. Easy.

Agreed, Hippy & Jack. I have an Abus folding lock and carry it in my rack bag on the back of the bike so my water bottle spots can remain open. I also lost my keys to my Abus lock and had to buy a diamond impregnated saw blade to cut through it. It took me one solid hour of sustained effort to get through it. After that I made sure I registered my keys for my new Abus lock. :laugh:

Top Bottom