How to enable ANT+ FE-C to use Zwift on a BKool Pro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As a Strava Premium member I am entitled to two months on Zwift free, so I thought I'd download the Zwift software and follow instructions given here to get started.
https ://support.zwift.com/hc/en-us/articles/206332985--Setting-up-a-Bkool-trainer-with-ANT-FE-C
as to how to pair my BKool to use Zwift. So the trainer is set up as required and I switch to manual pairing, select my BKool Pro which is being picked up and press Apply as instructed. Apparently my trainer firmware is up to date so the next stage in the instructions doesn't apply. My trainer is v2.541. If I go to About Bkool on settings it tells me that the sensors are using v3.06 (ant) so I assume that means the firmware is up to date.
bkool-4.png

As no update was necessary I then went back to manual pairing This automatically scans for devices again, brings up my trainer, but no reference to switch the Bkool to use ANT+ FE-C appears as above and therefore no pop-up warning as below.
bkool-5.png

I am not sure what is happening but suffice to say I cannot do anything with Zwift until I sort it out. I wonder if anyone has any pointers to help solve this. Thanks.

uncle_adolph

Über Member
I read somewhere that to actually see the "Switch to ANT+ FE-C" box as in your post you need to move your cursor to where it should appear.....and then it magically will. Have you tried this?

I must admit your post has me slightly worried; I have an older BKool which is currently en route back from Majorca having had new circuitry fitted so I can update the firmware to use Zwift.

uncle_adolph

Über Member
Also, it's worth mentioning that if you purchase a trainer direct from BKool under an instalment plan you won't be offered the ANT+ FE-C upgrade until all the instalments are paid off. But do let us know how you get on.

I too am a Strava Premium member.....hence I want to try Zwift. My trainer is back on Monday so I'll see if I can get it to connect.....hopefully it will. Anxious to try out the mountain route on Watopia which is likely to be released in the next few days and which, judging from the log on Strava, is going to be incredible!

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Also, it's worth mentioning that if you purchase a trainer direct from BKool under an instalment plan you won't be offered the ANT+ FE-C upgrade until all the instalments are paid off.
Thanks that would explain it then.. Ah well at least I will be able to use it next winter. Meanwhile I'm going to get a replacement speed and cadence sensor and use my Cyclops Fluid 2 with Zwift in the meantime.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Also, it's worth mentioning that if you purchase a trainer direct from BKool under an instalment plan you won't be offered the ANT+ FE-C upgrade until all the instalments are paid off. But do let us know how you get on.

I too am a Strava Premium member.....hence I want to try Zwift. My trainer is back on Monday so I'll see if I can get it to connect.....hopefully it will. Anxious to try out the mountain route on Watopia which is likely to be released in the next few days and which, judging from the log on Strava, is going to be incredible!

Do you have a link?

bobinski

Legendary Member
Just an FYI I don't have the switch to ant+ fec al though the tick box is there and I ticked it. Into Zwift and all working great.

Adamg

I need some help with updating firmware. I'm not seeing the page that is screenshoted at the top of this post. I've downloaded the simulation software on a mac and PC and neither has a page where you can change ANT + FEc upgrade nor was I offered an update. Mine is version 3.02 so clearly a newer one exists. I had the USB dongle quite close but not touching, is that worth a try?

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
I need some help with updating firmware. I'm not seeing the page that is screenshoted at the top of this post. I've downloaded the simulation software on a mac and PC and neither has a page where you can change ANT + FEc upgrade nor was I offered an update. Mine is version 3.02 so clearly a newer one exists. I had the USB dongle quite close but not touching, is that worth a try?
The screen shot is from the old version of bsim. You need to go into settings to select pair your devices. I have an old white classic, with usb connection, that appears to not be updateable to the FEC firmware, so I have never seen the FEC selection option..

OP
OP
Winnershsaint
Finally given up with Bkool. Subscription finishes on 13th. Not renewing. Will try Cycleops VT for a month but have Kickr Snap instead of Bk Pro.

Top Bottom