how to get my fitness levels up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Just go out and try the commute. 19 miles each way is only a set of 19 mile rides a number of times a week and you can manage 10 milers ok. If you're knackered after day 1 - take a day off. If you're ok, continue. You will soon get fitter by attempting it. If your goal is to ride longer rides at speed then it will take some time but just doing the commute a few times a week is going to be a good start.

Mrs M

Guru
Core strength.
Gym ball worked for me. Was the turning point for me trying to get fit after accident.
Still to find out if the kettle bells change your body shape. Will report back once mine have been liberated from the wardrobe and put into action. :shy:

Citius

Core strength.
Gym ball worked for me. Was the turning point for me trying to get fit after accident.
Still to find out if the kettle bells change your body shape. Will report back once mine have been liberated from the wardrobe and put into action. :shy:

So - if you want to get bike-fit, working on core strength and a gym ball is better than riding a bike? :unsure:

Mrs M

Guru
To get bike fit riding the bike as much as possible must be key.
But getting core strength will help enormously on the bike.
I am no athlete by any stretch of the imagination but this is what worked for me.

Mrs M

Guru
Yep, in fact after 3rd op surgeon recommended cycling.
Being a fair weather cyclist :becool: if it's snowing or cold and windy, I'm happier indoors wobbling about on the gym ball.

Top Bottom