how to get my fitness levels up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Newbie

Hi Im pretty new to cycling and I'm really wanting to try and get my fitness levels up. I have recently completed a 28 mile run and crikey I could of one passed out and come the end, my legs were trembling. Tonight I done 10 miles and I was fine. I am ideally looking to get my fitness levels up enough to manage a 38 mile round commute to work a couple of times a week, does anybody have any tips? I.e. Training and what foods are best?

vickster

Legendary Member
Ride more :okay: lose some weight if you need to, make sure the bike is set up right, spin don't grind the pedals...all the things I need to do :rolleyes:

MikeW-71

Veteran
Yep, it gets better. Ride more, avoid heavily processed foods. Eat proper food, pasta, rice, potatoes, veg, chicken, fish, eggs. Cut way back on alcohol, or stop it altogether. Keep riding.

It won't be that long before you'll be doing that commute twice a week.

screenman

Legendary Member
Take up swimming, I thought I was fit until I did that. Seems I was just cycling fit, Vicster's advice is very good.

Citius

Are we talking about cycling fitness? Just cycle. Regularly.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Ride whenever possible- I'm always amazed that if I don't get a proper ride in for whatever reason so long as I used the bike to nip to the shops/ parents/ town etc. I can keep on top of my fitness even with these short 4/5 mile blasts.

Top Bottom