How to get the very best from Nitromors paint and varnish remover.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
A lot of companies had to change their products because of the new VOCs Euro laws . Europe wants everything to be water based , suits me as I don't have an explosion proof fan in my spray booth .
Its easy to say I leave the door open etc but have you ever scraped off old paint from a window and later feel like you have the flu ? No doors to open as you are outside but still get effected by the fumes .

OP
OP
Cyclopathic

Cyclopathic

Veteran
A lot of companies had to change their products because of the new VOCs Euro laws . Europe wants everything to be water based , suits me as I don't have an explosion proof fan in my spray booth .
Its easy to say I leave the door open etc but have you ever scraped off old paint from a window and later feel like you have the flu ? No doors to open as you are outside but still get effected by the fumes .
If afekt brain my is self for owns probem nlcosai asd lcnkl/\zp999\u-0-0=-=-\0

OP
OP
Cyclopathic

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I suppose it's a good reason. However I assume that supadec are subject to the same rules as nitromors and despite having to leave it on for an hour rather than the stated half hour it worked so much better than nitromors.
This could be down to how they have formulated it. The supadec seems capable of staying wet for much longer than the nitro' so it doesn't re-dry the paint back on to the surface and allows the compound sufficient time to work properly. I dunno', I'm not a scientist but supadec is definitely better.

Tyke

Used nitromors as an apprentice mechanic in the 70`s to clean engine & gearbox parts put them in a big tank of the stuff go for dinner 1hr take them out and hose them down and they looked like new, oil grease paint everything gone but wicked stuff to use should have been banned. It probably has that`s why it`s not as good anymore.

sabian92

Über Member
Used nitromors as an apprentice mechanic in the 70`s to clean engine & gearbox parts put them in a big tank of the stuff go for dinner 1hr take them out and hose them down and they looked like new, oil grease paint everything gone but wicked stuff to use should have been banned. It probably has that`s why it`s not as good anymore.

Surely though if it's that dangerous you should be careful with it and not fling it around, rather than the morons in Brussels deciding we can't be trusted with it and banning it?

Nanny state gone mad. Who on earth decided that paint stripper that won't strip paint was a good idea?

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
I used to use it years ago - vicious stuff, it used to burn through the gloves you were wearing, and then continue to eat through your fingers: Paint never stood a chance. Bought a tin a few months ago, absolute bobbins!
Wire brush in an angle grinder for me from now on - nice and safe then :banghead:

Mind you I bought some black 'smoothrite' (smooth hammerite) and that was rubbish too. 4 coats later and you can still see the primer through it. Some things aren't what they used to be.:evil:

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Egad! Glad I have Washington D.C. and not Brussels making decisions for my paint strippers. Now that government is shut down, I'll bet I can get any old paint stripper I need. We have a paint stripper over here called Bix. Ate through 6 coats of paint on a table I was re-painting for my parish. Fantastic stuff.

Top Bottom