How to get your tyres not just clean, but Persil clean.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
SimonC said:
I'd already scrubbed most of the crud off by hand so shouldnt be too much residue, they were just nowhere near white enough. Anyway she has used the washer since then and not made any comments so I am assuming I am safe.:thumbsup:

Chapeau to those who have used the dishwasher for the bike parts though.;)

Your UP's didn't come out of the washing machine with a skid mark on them then?:biggrin:

levad

Veteran
Sam Kennedy said:
What about the spin cycle... and how big is your washing machine?!?

I reckon its 700C sized :hello:

Chrisz

Über Member
Just told a couple of the women at work about this - they all thought it was crazy - "If my husband did that.................................." etc. ;) :smile: :smile:

GrahamNR17

I use Borax (not the rather poor substitute stuff they now sell) for pretty much everything. Brings up bikes, tyres, trainers etc like new, even the oilly rags in the garage :biggrin:

OP
OP
S

SimonC

Chrisz said:
Just told a couple of the women at work about this - they all thought it was crazy - "If my husband did that.................................." etc. :biggrin: :smile: :ohmy:

I'm sure the missus would have bent my ear about it......if she knew that I'd done it.:biggrin:

OP
OP
S

SimonC

Chrisz said:
Drip dry ............................... don't tumble dry!!!!!

As it happened, I put them on a radiator to dry, which then made them dead easy to get on my new wheels, so there's benefits all round.;)

yenrod

SimonC said:
Missus was out partying last night, so I thought I take the time to put my used Michelin Pro 3's that I finished racing on, on my brand spanking Campag Zonda wheels. Got tyres out of shed, used to have white sidewalls, now horrible black/grey colur.

Chucked em in the sink with some washing up liquid and gave a good scrub, came up OK but not great, certainly didnt look good next to brand new wheels. By this time missus had left for xmas party.

Then came up with idea of chucking them in the washing machine with a dark wash of clothes.

60 minutes later out they come spotless and gleaming white! Wouldnt have dared do it if missus was at home though:smile:

Tyres in the washing machine: fantastic !

Top Bottom