How to Grow Women's Pro-Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
There was an item on the news about the Wiggle-Honda Team but I caught it as it ended. Did anyone catch what it was about?
I saw a short photo-opp for the launch on BBC news yesterday. More details here - http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/wiggle-honda-womens-pro-cycling-team-launch-36272/

...and ofcourse the usual suspect(s) will shortly start whining about the fact that they're only aiming for single-day events and sprints. And about the pay ofcourse! And the insufficient media coverage! And the lack of government support! And the gender specific components that clearly is encouraging sex discrimination! And possibly the fact that black & orange is so out of fashion this year..! :huh:
Can't win when women are involved.. :reading:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
...and ofcourse the usual suspect(s) will shortly start whining about the fact that they're only aiming for single-day events and sprints. And about the pay ofcourse! And the insufficient media coverage! And the lack of government support! And the gender specific components that clearly is encouraging sex discrimination! And possibly the fact that black & orange is so out of fashion this year..! :huh:
Can't win when women are involved.. :reading:

And just wait until the lass on the right starts making eyes at Jason Kenny:whistle:
1359130755163-10yfxfkhoz21i-670-75.jpg

Actually, who is that lass on the left? I don't recognise her.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
The problem would be if Bronzini starts making eyes at JK.. :whistle:

(would that be Elinor Barker? or do you mean on the left of the blondie on the right? :wacko: )

Silly me, I'm confusing left and right! It looks like Elinor on the left but I meant the blondie on the right - I thought it might be Schnitzmeier but she looks too ''girlie.''

resal

Veteran
This is going to be fun !

http://www1.skysports.com/cycling/n...landers-and-world-and-national-titles-in-2013

So Lizzie is going for the World title, National Champs and Flanders before Vos can win that. Well I wonder how Lizzie will publicise the run for team leader prior to the Worlds ?

Wiggle are doing their thing. (@137 Marshmallow fluff you had the first 6 words entirely right, then you went off track.)

And Cookson is going to land Phat's job and then be squarely in the frame for Women's cycling, so he can develop it exactly the way he wants to.

Silly me, I'm confusing left and right! It looks like Elinor on the left but I meant the blondie on the right - I thought it might be Schnitzmeier but she looks too ''girlie.''

That lovely lady would be Emily Collins!! ;)

Bumpity bump!

Them wot's still interested might find the manifesto page on this site interesting: http://www.letourentier.com/
Thank you for that, I have just signed. Women face the same problem at amateur level with the men's winner getting more prize money than the equivalent woman, there is a ground swell of movement that will hopefully change this and the many other inequalities.

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
It was really disappointing to see that Britain did not have an entry for the Women's ITT at the World Championships yesterday. Surely, someone other than Emma Pooley can TT?

It was really disappointing to see that Britain did not have an entry for the Women's ITT at the World Championships yesterday. Surely, someone other than Emma Pooley can TT?
Correct, I started another thread on just this yesterday. Our top amateur would have made top ten, as would many others. This weekend I will hopefully be chatting to someone who should have gone so it will be interesting to hear what they think.

Top Bottom