How to prepare your bike for commuting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm trying to work out what the bike is under all that ...Schwinn Sierra? Nishiki, Ross. not I'm clutching at straws but who else used that form of butting around the seat tube? Not Spesh. Not Marin. Ritchey?? It's old. pre 90. 89. Nishiki. 87??

oh

fetches coat

Cranky

Blimey!

I notice he's also got one of the ultimate items of cycling geekiness, a helmet mirror. I heard a true story recently about a bloke on a club run who was adjusting his helmet mirror and promptly crashed into a bollard with quite serious consequences for him and the bike. That was a good safety device then. :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
I wouldn't 'diss' his bike...he's happy with it. It does the job for him.

buggi

Bird Saviour
i thought he was going camping lol. he had one of the roll up sleep mats on the back didn't he? must be a damn long commute :blush:

i have a little bag on the back with a spare tube and tyre levers in it. i must be doing it all wrong then.

I like his bike ! it's as bad as my recycled commuter/hack bike. A good work horse which I dare say didn't cost him a lot and as he says it gets the job done. At this point I will point out most people think I'm a nutter for riding a bike full stop.

Top Bottom