how to remove the static from my fleecy bathrobe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
.....like the short lengths of chain that people used to have on their cars.....

Alternatively, put your bathrobe on and grab the bath tap (which is probably earthed).

Or read this.....
https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/get-rid-of-static-on-clothes/
The length of chain does work, electric pedestrian pallet trucks are very good at storing static when used on painted floors, it’s quite funny when someone gets a belt off it then tries to claim it’s faulty, they don’t believe you when you say it’s because some bright spark decided to paint the floor!

Google suggests slathering yourself in body lotion. I would rather stick my fingers in a socket.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Buy one made of cotton instead :okay:
I should say so...

1610240855991.png

Polyester fleece indeed. Harrumph.

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Thanks for the advice guys. Awesome as usual.

After posting, I gave it a good shake which got rid of the static... for now!

Go outside, take it off, and do a snow angel. That should short it out.
Mostly melted :sad: ... I mean :okay:
Where do you hang it?
On the back of the door usually... over another polyester fleecy robe which also gets very staticky. I think it could be wearing it over a fleece top that's generating the charge... I need to experiment! I might be able to power a transistor radio or something💡

classic33

Leg End Member
Thanks for the advice guys. Awesome as usual.

After posting, I gave it a good shake which got rid of the static... for now!

Mostly melted :sad: ... I mean :okay:

On the back of the door usually... over another polyester fleecy robe which also gets very staticky. I think it could be wearing it over a fleece top that's generating the charge... I need to experiment! I might be able to power a transistor radio or something💡*
*Check the voltage you are putting out with a multi meter. If it's over 1 volt check the ampage you're putting out. Touching anything electronic could damage it.

PK99

Legendary Member
my polyester fleece bathrobe is full of static.

I take it off and my arm hairs are all on end.
There's couple of tiny bits of foil stuck to it.
I can pull them off but letting go within a couple of inches, they go straight back to the fabric (quite fun in the short term).

It wasn't like this before i washed it :blush:

edit... should i ask my downstairs neighbours? ^_^

Wear a foil shower cap

Top Bottom