How to stop bib shorts riding up leg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The shorts i bought in the halfords sale for a grand sum of £5 each on sale down from about £45 are great apart from one issue, waist wise they are perfect but the shorts ride up my leg on long rides nd i get bunching under the crotch, got a saddle sore last week .
Is there any way to make them stay down ? i have only used them with leg warmers so maybe that is an issue?
https://www.dare2b.com/mens-palpable-bibbed-cycle-shorts-with-gel-insert-black/

vickster

Legendary Member
Duct tape ;)
Are your legs verynhairy? Might be worth shaving them if not using leg warmer so the grippers grip the skin as designed rather than hair. That'll be the issue with having leg warmers underneath

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
That's odd. What's the gripper on the legs ? - never had bib legs ride up at all, and have hairy legs these days (don't race), nor do I have expensive shorts.

Other than the short legs are a bit crap, I dunno.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I’m guessing the grippers are not that good so combined with leg warmers it’ll be even worse. Save them until the weather warms up, gripper to skin will be better.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

the grippers are just little flat dots that are flush with the fabric , i wonder if you can buy iron on dots ? or get a local seamstress to sew a grip band in ?

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

When you’ve got gurt great leg muscles this will stop :boxing:
i can attest i have big enough thighs , last measurement i think they were 24 " around the upper thigh

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

local morrisons has a clothing repair /alteration service even if it costs me £10 each at a £5 to start with ( halfords end of line sale ) still a bargain but i wont buy them again .

Top Bottom