How to stop spinning out on Zwift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BurningLegs

Veteran
I ride a CX bike and it’s slightly under geared compared to a road bike.

When riding on Zwift, I can spin out in my top gear when really going for it.

I seem to remember someone here saying there is a little known setting in Zwift where you can set the “background” level of resistance so you can use a different part of your cassette when riding.

Please can someone jog my memory on where this setting can be found?

CXRAndy

Guru
I ride a CX bike and it’s slightly under geared compared to a road bike.

When riding on Zwift, I can spin out in my top gear when really going for it.

I seem to remember someone here saying there is a little known setting in Zwift where you can set the “background” level of resistance so you can use a different part of your cassette when riding.

Please can someone jog my memory on where this setting can be found?

It's under settings I have mine in 50% put yours upto 100% to see if it stops you reaching 120rpm or more downhill in top gear

kipster

Guru
All it does Paul is move your gearing, allowing standard groupset to climb up Watopia. I still have to make the power by pressing the pedals. No cheating
I put mine to 100% so that it felt more 'real' and I get a chance to use the inner ring, mind you shifting in and out of it probably costs a few seconds. No thoughts of cheating as the platform works it all out, well except for those on BKOOL turbos.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I'll put it on 100% when put your weight upto 95Kg:biggrin:

^_^
Well, just had fish and chips followed by 1/2 a tub of ice cream so may not take long^_^

uclown2002

Guru
I race on 10% trainer difficulty. Just enough to feel the bite on an incline but not enough that I struggle to put the power down downhill. I haven't come close to spinning out.

Top Bottom