How to wipe ten minutes off your commute.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
PrettyboyTim said:
I've heard this argument before and I still don't really believe it. It's not as if changing up gears is difficult - just a flick of the finger. Changing the front derailleur can sometimes require you to ease off a bit, but I rarely find that for the rear. At lights, it's start in a low gear - shoot forwards with a couple of strokes and then click, click, click, click as I run up the gears, pedalling hard. Sometimes I feel it takes a little too long to get into a high gear, but that's what a high cadence is for!

Is that your way of challenging me to a race? xx(

You're on mate! :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
domtyler said:
You have my permission to print off the above picture and pin it up in your house, above the telly would be fine. xx(
Or on the telly:
dolantv.jpg

I wish...

PrettyboyTim

domtyler said:
Is that your way of challenging me to a race? xx(

You're on mate! :biggrin:

The best test would be for test our times from standstill to 200m, swap bikes and then try it again.

If one bike comes first both times, we'll have an answer, otherwise it'll be inconclusive.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
PrettyboyTim said:
The best test would be for test our times from standstill to 200m, swap bikes and then try it again.

If one bike comes first both times, we'll have an answer, otherwise it'll be inconclusive.

Go on Tim, take the challenge and film it at the same time as you whoop his ass.

Maz

Guru
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Go on Tim, take the challenge and film it at the same time as you whoop his ass.
Both bikes need to be black or it won't prove a thing.

PrettyboyTim

Maz said:
Both bikes need to be black or it won't prove a thing.

Mine is black, but as it's:

a) cheap
and
xx( loaded with crap

it also weighs about 20kg.

we may have to strap a small child to Dom's to make it fair ;-)

Edit: See? I'm getting my excuses ready!

Will1985

Über Member
xx( Nice! What gear are you running there Dom?

Number14

Guru
Maz said:
I wiped 10 minutes off my commute yesterday by jumping every red light.

One day you'll jump a red light and you'll knock 20 minutes off your commute and be riding home in a big white/yellow van with blue lights.

Maz

Guru
Number14 said:
One day you'll jump a red light and you'll knock 20 minutes off your commute and be riding home in a big white/yellow van with blue lights.
It was a joke.
Note to self: Must use smilies...:smile:

Tynan

Veteran
I thought it was true

I don't jump reds but done sensibly as it nearly always is, it saves 10 mins off the average journey

that's why people do it, it does no good to pretend otherwise

Top Bottom