How was your weekends riding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joe

Über Member
Providing you did any that is:smile:
I went out on the roadie for the first time in two weeks on Saturday morning. I was feeling really strong after two weeks of commuting (15 mile RT) on the singlespeed mountain bike. I was speeding along at an average of 18mph whereas I usually get from 15-16! I decided to try and keep it above 17 for the whole ride which ended up being 66 miles. My legs started to go at about mile 40 though and it was an epic, painful battle between me and the average speed screen on my computer:biggrin: I had to stop halfway up a hill for the first time as my legs just weren't having it, and got passed by another roadie with seemingly no effort:angry:
I ultimately failed and ended up with an average speed of 16.6 but it was a great battle. If it hadn't been for all those lights on the home stretch mind...:biggrin:

Bigtallfatbloke

My two rides were ...erm...dark

Cheddar George

oober member
Just a 20+ mile pootle on Saturday morning, thought i would leave the road bike and take the hybrid out. No computer so i have no idea of what i was doing, lovely dry autumn weather, altogether very relaxing.

Membrane

I did 58K yesterday, took on a local hill a number of times. Normally I go for a ~85K ride down South which includes ~1400m of ascend. The ride yesterday only added up to ~450m of ascend, so I took the opportunity to do the climbs in VO2Max territory. Average speed ~25Kph (hybrid bike), legs went after ~50K.

slow down

I'm still laid up after a foot op - it was perfect weather at the weekend as well :biggrin:
Roll on 10th Oct, when the stitches hopefully come out.

papercorn2000

I've moments from death all weekend. I'm unlikely to ever cycle again. My cold has mutated in to Bird Flu or Ebola or something.

caz

Cheddar George said:
Just a 20+ mile pootle on Saturday morning, thought i would leave the road bike and take the hybrid out. No computer so i have no idea of what i was doing, lovely dry autumn weather, altogether very relaxing.

I'm looking forward to the day that I can call 20+ miles "a pootle"!!:biggrin: The max I've ever done is 33 miles and that was with a group encouraging beginner cyclists to go further. I did 22 miles on Saturday morning, (by myself) a lovely ride, weather just right, but I was tired at the end. This time I went in the right direction so I went down the steep hills and up the more gentle ones :biggrin:. The previous time I went the opposite way round and had to walk up the one really steep hill! Does hillwork ever get easier???

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
ahh i see what you're saying- the isle of skye is what the locals call the climb from Greenfields up past Dovestones res. and over to Holmfirth on the A635- so called 'cos there used to be a pub up there of the same name. It's a beautiful part of the world and is my favourite climb.

ChrisKH

Guru
I went out for a little pootle and tried to do the local 'Bread & Cheese' Hill and failed miserably half way up.:biggrin: I was finding it really hard even off the hills and I couldn't understand why until I got to a mate's house and realised my seat post was not secure and had slipped down by 2 inches.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Had lots of family stuff to do, so didn't get out till 5pm... it was always gonna be a race between me and the setting sun ... had splendid ride, faster than usual, but at 7pm, 1.5 miles from home (no lights...usually only ever go out in morning or early afternoon) had to stop and walk, as it was getting dangerous! I'm gonna post a 'lights' thread in a mo.....

Top Bottom