How well do you know Birmingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
[QUOTE 3475191, member: 45"]Look mate, it's bostin'. It's our word, same as chimley and catching the buz. Ay it?[/QUOTE]
Are, itis:laugh:

Reactions: gbb

pplpilot

Guru
[QUOTE 3475170, member: 259"]Wasn't Noddy from Wolverhampton? That's where I learnt bostin from. Bostin word, by the way.:becool:[/QUOTE]

Walsall. Beachdale estate.

In fact. If you ever find yourself in the unfortunate position to be in Walsall visit the art gallery, the voice in the lift is Noddy's ...

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
[QUOTE 3475170, member: 259"]Wasn't Noddy from Wolverhampton? That's where I learnt bostin from. Bostin word, by the way.:becool:[/QUOTE]
He was, the Black Country
Well he was actually born in Walsall in my Mother in Laws street
The link with Wolverhampton is the other Slade lads I think

pplpilot

Guru
As a black country lad i do find it irritating that people that aye from round ere cor tell the difference from us lot and them brummies, as we used to say - there were no such thing as the black country till someone from brum fckued a pig...

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
6/10. Never been there but I started watching Peaky Blinders this week so I have learned a lot.
I wonder whether that security expert (forgotten his name) got misled watching Paki Blinders.

I got 8/10 but I have been there. The oddest thing about Birmingham is how few Brummies you meet outside the place. They either love it or don't know how to read road maps.

Hyslop

Veteran
Did OK,actually Ive always quite liked the place and the area,family who live there,friends who live and vicar there and so on.Always enjoyed times in Birmingham and the Midlands generally.Fear not Brummies,I ll stick up for you!:smile:

8/10, no idea about the European Cup question, and mislead by what I consider a trick question about Tolkein and Sarehole Mill, a place I remember well from my childhood.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
[QUOTE 3475321, member: 45"]The only bad things to come out of Birmingham are Brooks saddles.[/QUOTE]

The only good things to come out of Birmingham are the roads to elsewhere.

Top Bottom