How well does your boss know you?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Kiwiavenger, 24 Jul 2012.

1. Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger im a little tea pot

So does your boss really know you?

Got into work this morning and my boss came over to me and handed me a polkadot Carrefour cap and a polkadot jersey key ring! He knows I like cycling and more than that I love hills! I may not be challenging voeckler yet but im getting there!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

ColinJ likes this.
  2. 4F

4F Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby

Don't tell him your name Pike.

Uncle Mort likes this.
  3. Maz

Maz Legendary Member

2829163154_1564bbe550_s.jpg

4. Red Light

Red Light Guest

You must have a mountain of points in his books :thumbsup:

5. OP
    OP
    Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger im a little tea pot

Lol. Didnt notice the typo! Lol

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

6. MattHB

MattHB Proud Daddy

:biggrin: cool present. My boss knows me pretty well, and I recon I know my staff pretty well to. I think it's the sign of a good boss

7. Red Light

Red Light Guest

Not "know" in the biblical sense I hope. That would be a very bad boss :whistle:

Uncle Mort and MattHB like this.
  8. Night Train

Night Train Maker of Things

Well, given I make stuff for Arch's shop my 'boss' probably does 'know' me rather better then most.:blush:

Shaun likes this.
  9. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

:blush:^_^

Mine knows me pretty well. He can tell by the sound of my feet when I come into the office, how tired I am.

Nihal and Shaun like this.
  10. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Mine is an ass.

He Thought I should give cycling up after my operation to fix my shoulder that was buggered 2years prior to that. He has been horrendous during my recovery. I've only missed two days work since the op weeks off, both due to either no sleep, or drug withdrawals. Oh and I stopped taking my pain meds as it made me make minor errors at work once in a while.

Fekkin hissed off really, can't believe the effort I have gone to to go to work. Even after the accident I was in next day. Only in the last two months have I actually been able to sleep. He keeps bringing up the odd minor error, nothing about all the good stuff. He wil get a chain ring round his head shortly.

Sorry folks, but my boss don't give a poo. This is in a big organisation.
    He is a fat bar steward that doesn't exercise.

Nihal likes this.
  11. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

My boss thinks I'm mad, commuting in 10 miles each way.
    My colleagues think I'm mad. Or about to die on the dual-carriageways I use.

But they're used to me in the lycra. They no longer comment/smirk/etc and are buying bikes themselves

12. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

PS, on the bright side, some of my colleagues know me way too well.

Most of them come in and say, I can't believe you ride that every day and it looks so clean. Me well it is in the office, so I won't get complaints.

I have no excuses... Like a clean bike.

13. Maggot

Maggot Guest

My boss knows me quite well, she bought everyone a bottle of wine for Christmas, and everyone also got a nice glass except me. I got a 'Mr Bump' mug as I keep crashing my bike and otherwise hurting myself in amusing ways.

Shaun likes this.
  14. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

I've met my boss three times in eight years. We communicate by phone and email and get along famously.

15. Night Train

Night Train Maker of Things

My previous boss, at my last job, was like that. He wasn't even decent enough to be consistent at it across everyone.

Nihal likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice