How well does your boss know you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Powely

I got into cycling in order to raise a few £££ for a charity close to my heart after a loved one nearly died a few times. My boss was an absolute ass during the whole ordeal and has not said a word about the event I plan to do even though he knows about it. To him work is work and your private life shouldn't come into work. If only life was that simple hey. Believe me, I would have given anything to not have to have gone through all that and take my problems into work.

This is typical of him... One colleague is due to retire soon after giving him five years service and we had to go to him to arrange a retirement gift and even then he asked us to arrange a collection, decide what to get and actually go get it.

I think MattHB is right... knowing your staff is a sign of a good boss... my boss is an ass!

My boss tells me what time to go to bed, what to eat, when to have a bath, what to wear, and might let me have a day off sick if I am bleeding from at least two orifices. She also told me who to marry. Her.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
My current boss knows me well enough to ask my opinion of the grands worth of Felt that he's getting.
A previous boss knew me well enough that he knew I thought he was a useless, lying, conniving self-serving twat.
Which he was..

OP
OP
Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Here's the offending articles! Lol

Ive only had 1 or 2 bosses who where any good but the current one is great! Lol.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1343198339138.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1343198339138.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 14

asterix

Comrade Member
I've met my boss three times in eight years. We communicate by phone and email and get along famously.

I'd a boss like that, him in Manchester, me in Felixstowe. Never gave me me a pay rise but was very annoyed when I eventually left, especially as they had to close the office 6 months later when it went pear-shaped.

mattobrien

Guru
My boss is great, when I can fit it in I can go cycling during work hours and the company has just bought me a Brompton to aid with travelling around London, primarily for the Olympic period, but also afterwards too.

That said I do work for myself, so there ought to be some perks...

perplexed

Guru
I got into cycling in order to raise a few £££ for a charity close to my heart after a loved one nearly died a few times. My boss was an absolute ass during the whole ordeal and has not said a word about the event I plan to do even though he knows about it. To him work is work and your private life shouldn't come into work. If only life was that simple hey. Believe me, I would have given anything to not have to have gone through all that and take my problems into work.

This is typical of him... One colleague is due to retire soon after giving him five years service and we had to go to him to arrange a retirement gift and even then he asked us to arrange a collection, decide what to get and actually go get it.

I think MattHB is right... knowing your staff is a sign of a good boss... my boss is an ass!

Funnily enough, bosses frequently don't seem to think this should apply the other way round do they...

ASC1951

Guru
I only had a boss for the first ten years. For the final 27 it was me - I reckoned that even if I was an idiot it would be better than working for one.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My boss knows almost nothing about me and the world I inhabit because he lives on a different planet. So different that I don't think we're even in the same galaxy actually.

However he's an astute bloke and he knows a lot about my character and the way I conduct myself on all-expenses-paid overseas trips, deal with our customers and handle transactions on behalf of the company.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
tbh i only ever get funny looks when its absolutely chucking it down outside, my boss will look out the window and look at me as if to say "are you really going to cycle home in this?"
or the other way round after i've cycled in the entire team just looks at me like i'm a total nutter.

which i am so fair do's

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My boss, in so far as I have one, is a good guy. He knows me well, not hard, I'm shallow and have no hidden depths, and I know him pretty well too after working together for three years.

Just over a year ago he caught the cycling bug from me. We live in the same town, commute in/out together about once a week*, sometimes stopping for a pint on the way home, we ride in the same club, will sometimes ride together of a weekend apart from club runs, and have been on a couple of cycling holidays together.

Bromance? :eek:

*in fact he is way more committed as cycle commuter than me; I get the train when it rains, he rides.

Top Bottom