How wide is your desk?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
mickle said:
Thats a bench fule!

Do I work on it and is my computer on it:becool:

ok work might be the wrong word:biggrin:

gbb

Legendary Member
1800 x 700 mm...and scarcely any free space. Its a dinner table, workshop bench, computer table all in one :thumbsup:

DSC02006.jpg

Admire the tidiness...:biggrin:

gbb

Legendary Member
Uncle Mort said:
That's impressive gbb - seriously I'd just go into meltdown if I had that. I have a really small desk with two monitors, a cordless keyboard and mouse, a telephone and a bit of paper and a notepad. I just can't cope with much more. But you should see my shed :evil:

Jeesus, if you think thats bad, you shoulda seen it when i started there. It was SO SO untidy in the workshop, i couldnt stand it, it used to do my head in :angry:...i seriously thought of jacking it in .

Speicher

Vice Admiral
gbb said:
Jeesus, if you think thats bad, you shoulda seen it when i started there. It was SO SO untidy in the workshop, i couldnt stand it, it used to do my head in :evil:...i seriously thought of jacking it in .

:smile:I am extremely impressed with the tidiness of your desk, particularly with the amount of electronic necessities on it. If something beeps, or flashes or goes "ping" at least you can see it all. And you have space to put papers that you are working on.

I did notice however, no cups or mugs on the desk. Are you allowed them at your desk?

gbb

Legendary Member
Speicher said:
:smile:I am extremely impressed with the tidiness of your desk, particularly with the amount of electronic necessities on it. If something beeps, or flashes or goes "ping" at least you can see it all. And you have space to put papers that you are working on.

I did notice however, no cups or mugs on the desk. Are you allowed them at your desk?[/QUOTE]

Depression just sank over me again...thanks :sad:

Until last month, we had a kettle, fridge, microwave and untold quantities of tea mugs :biggrin:...

The powers to be dictated it was no longer acceptable :ohmy::angry::angry::evil:

Now the mugs are cunningly hidden UNDER the desk, the tea caddy etc is in the filing cabinet....one day i'm going to get a bollicking :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
:blush:Sorry to upset you by mentionning drinkables etc. :evil: I cannot see how having a kettle and a fridge could be unacceptable? All that electronic stuff around makes me think that you and your colleagues must be a practical and hopefully sensible sort, what do they think would happen?

I can see that a microwave might be better in a "kitchen" area, but drinks etc are an essential part of the day.

Trillian

you see the door to the room your in, assuming it to be a normal domestic door,

thats the size of my desk, i bought a door from B&Q when i moved into my first student house for £12, resting it on a set of drawers each end, just kept taking it with me with each move, its nice and big :evil:

used to have an extra 4 ft sq bit at an L shape, but didn't fit in my desk's current location.

Top Bottom