How will the universe end?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Called Shrodinger?
Have you ? or haven't you ?

classic33

Leg End Member
There's the kind of not worrying where something is going to happen but not to you, like the heat death of the universe. Then there's the kind of not worrying where there won't be any "you" left to worry, like being at ground zero of the kind of explosion that ends up in documentaries filmed by people from very, very far away. If you attribute different levels of worry to these events, you may want to remain ignorant of vacuum decay.
"Why worry about something you cannot do anything about?
Also, death by vacuum decay is the best way to die! You will never know it's coming and you will not suffer any pain since you will instantly be evaporated as the decay passes through you."

Landsurfer

Veteran
I think the universe will end when we run out of cat videos on Youtube. You know the ones I mean....cat's being barstewards, cats being scared of cucumbers, cats being barstewards again, cats jumping off furniture and missing....the list is endless...
We don't have a cat .... does that mean we exist for ever ...... or is there a Westie quotient .....

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTL26xR-3pk

Prot: I wanna tell you something Mark, something you do not yet know, but we K-PAXians have been around long enough to have discovered. The universe will expand, then it will collapse back on itself, then will expand again. It will repeat this process forever. What you don't know is that when the universe expands again, everything will be as it is now. Whatever mistakes you make this time around, you will live through on your next pass. Every mistake you make, you will live through again, & again, forever. So my advice to you is to get it right this time around....because this time is ALL YOU HAVE...

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Annoyingly ..... yes .....
If it was 42 and a bit, then Deep Thought really should have quoted the units, because miles/s/Mpc is an odd mish-mash. Still, I suppose coming up with an answer to the life, universe and everything that was funny, paradoxical and scientifically plausible was a tall order. Even Isaac Asimov would have had trouble with that.

It ends for me when i die.:okay:
I have decided not to.

Top Bottom