How will you die?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
err - mine is not really repeatable on a family forum :huh:
Lucky girl. :smile:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Naked on a Scottish mountain in deep winter with an empty bottle of Scotch in my hand.
I remember you posting that before and I thought that it made sense, but then I realised that you would probably only want to do it because you were too decrepit to want to carry on living.

But then I asked myself how a decrepit old man would actually get to the top of a Scottish mountain in winter ... Are you really *sure* that you have properly thought through your exit strategy? :laugh:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ooops yes, you've got me there Colin! Well my chosen method is based on my Dad having been diagnosed with early Alzheimer's at 50. He was still able to climb mountains at 60 although he had a tendency to wander off. My immediate family might disagree but I don't see any symptoms in myself yet beyond what you would normally expect at nearly 59.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ooops yes, you've got me there Colin! Well my chosen method is based on my Dad having been diagnosed with early Alzheimer's at 50. He was still able to climb mountains at 60 although he had a tendency to wander off. My immediate family might disagree but I don't see any symptoms in myself yet beyond what you would normally expect at nearly 59.
50 - yikes, that was young ...

My best mate just died at 59. It appears that he died in his sleep, which must be the best way of all? 59 is too young though.

Having nearly done it 2.5 years ago, I know that I definitely do *not* want to die terrified, feverish, breathless, in considerable discomfort, alone and with hours to think about what is happening to me!

I would like to go suddenly like my friend, only at 80-90, and before any further major health problems set in.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Having once had a caving experience that still gives me the shivers my greatest fear is of dying claustrophobically - falling down a crevasse with gently converging walls that crush you, or down a cave.

Top Bottom