How will you die?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
On top of Carol Vorderman.

Sounds good to me!

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3529900, member: 9609"]I have always worried about freezing to death up in the hills, sounds an awful way to go; But apparently when you go into hypothermia you can start to feel warm comfortable and sleepy, it has been known for casualties to have been in some state of undress, even naked when found. Difficult to believe, but I know of this happening. So if you carry a small bottle in your pack for that wee dram at the bothy, your chosen demise may not be such a bad way to go after all.

And in answer to the OP - I'm not going.^_^[/QUOTE]

One of my close friends commited suicide on a mountain in the Cairngorms in 1999. He was diagnosed as a Schizophrenic and hated being 'abnormal', his description.

His body was found with an empty bottle of vodka and an empty bottle of his medication by walkers.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3529900, member: 9609"]

I have always worried about freezing to death up in the hills, sounds an awful way to go; But apparently when you go into hypothermia you can start to feel warm comfortable and sleepy, . . . . . . .

[/QUOTE]

Just once, I was close to this ^^^ situation. I'd did an event called the Mickleden Straddle Fell Race and the amount of snow and the cold, made conditions very difficult indeed. I just couldn't get warm at all, during the race and I was beginning to feel something close to desperation. More than once, I seriously considered just curling up in the snow and having a good sleep.

Although it was only 13 miles, the race took nearly 2.5 hours; this specific event was mentioned in the book 'Feet in the Clouds' and it describes how quite a few runners suffered from hypothermia. I've done hundreds of races over the years at distances of up to 35 miles, but this was far worse than anything else that I've done.

colly

Re member eR
How will I die? No idea, but I hope it's unexpected.

...........and in the distant future. A bonus would be something to do with sex as well.

colly

Re member eR
Not sure exactly how, but given how I'm feeling now it could be soon
Don't say that mate. You feel bad now and that's understandable but there is a whole wide world out there just waiting for you to explore. Things you have always wanted to do, places to see and experience, people to meet. Look past your present awful predicament and see what might be.

Mrs M

Guru
Hoping Mr M and myself will just drift away together, after we've sorted care for whatever furry friend(s) we have at that time.
Probably won't be as straightforward though, nothing ever is.

Top Bottom