How windy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Windy again today with added rain. Not too bad this morning as a good chunk of my commute had a tailwind. Unfortunately the wind doesn't look like it is going to change direction....xx(

Midnight

I live on the coast and we've had 30+ mph winds for two days. Sunday I'd planned to do a 40 miler, but the first half was against the wind, and after 10 miles my legs felt like jelly, so I turned back. On the way return, with the wind at my back I got up to a steady 25mph quite comfortably. Last night I decided not to wimp out and do another 20. When I left the house we had a couple of spots of rain, but thankfully nothing more than that. I passed some guy on a MTB who was really struggling and sweating his nads off. I said Hi and something about the 'bloody wind', but the poor chap cold hardly speak - I hope he didn't think I was mocking...:blush: By the time I got home my knee was hurting, but I figure that from now on I won't worry about (less strong) winds so much. Virtually no wind at all today... :tongue:

As I said, the deluge was holding off... how wrong was I:blush:

It was vertical sheets of water bouncing off my back and making really pretty patterns in my lights. I was home in almost record time though.

My mate who was cycling the other way said he was laughing out loud 'cos it was completely ridiculous.

Can't wait for the next time...

Top Bottom