How would 'Compulsory Helmet' legislation affect your cycling?

How would mandatory cycle helmet law affect you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Edit: Could a mod please amend the spelling mistake in the title?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've gone for the I always wear one, but don't want to impose them on other people options.

It's a bit inconsistent of me because I approve of compulsory motorcycle helmets and seat belts in cars, but there you go!

dawesome

I've only worn one when I did a charity ride and it was in the rules. Compulsion would never happen because it would be against the stated government policy of promoting cycling. Hypothetically though, if complusion was introduced I'd go underground and foment a violent uprising that would eventually overthrow the state and I'd become King.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Not all that fussed. although i'd have to switch from using my headtorch and get another light on my bars. that or a helmet mounted light.

I usually ride with a helmet anyway so it would hardly affect me but occasionally I've had a cap on and forgot (and guess what I didn't die) and I've also needed to pop to the shops and couldn't lay my hands on it so went without, so I'd be against a compulsory law on selfish grounds. I think they give out the wrong message too, that cycling is more dangerous than it is, etc, so I'd also be against it (you just have to look at Aus for example where compulsion doesn't work) but wear one to reassure those close to me. I think the Spanish laws is OK though, you don't need to wear one if you can argue its too hot ;)

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have never worm a helmet when cycling and don't intend to unless it becomes compulsory, then my freedom of choice will be taken away from me and will have to comply but reluctantly.

D

Deleted member 1258

Shouldn't this be in the helmet part of the forum? I've never worn a helmet in over 40 years of cycling, I guess that if they became compulsory I'd have to start wearing one, either that or stop cycling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom